The MLEI GLEE AM project aims to provide project development assistance to the 10 municipalities of Alto Minho area in Portugal in order to bundle investments and to sign energy performance contracts (EPC) on public buildings and on street lighting.The consortium responsible for the implementation of the MLEI GLEE AM project is led by CIM Alto Minho (a public body) and integrates, as a partner, AREA Alto Minho (Alto Minho´s Regional Energy and Environmental Agency). All 10 Alto Minho’s municipalities are this project’s final beneficiaries.The project will carry out all the necessary activities to prepare and mobilise finance for public investment programmes, such as: fill-in the existing lack of accurate information; provide capacity building to relevant stakeholders; prepare for and carry out tendering procedures. Aiming to inspire others to implement similar projects/strategies, participation in events, both at National and European levels, is also foreseen.By the end of this 36 months’ project, it expects to have awarded 2 bundled EPCs and signed 18 municipal EPCs (10 on street lighting and 8 on public buildings).The project expects to:- mobilize € 6,9M of investment;- save 780,64toe/yr; - increase RES supply by 198,82toe/yr- thus reduce 11.239,60t/yr of CO2 emissions.
In this page:
- Create a common methodology for street lighting assessment, georeferencing and monitoring and carry out an accurate georeferenced inventory and assessment of Alto Minho’s street lighting;
- Fill-in the gaps of information which currently exist in terms of energy audits/diagnosis in some municipal sports facilities;
- Define technical/economical parameters useful to prepare the relevant documentation for the tendering procedures;
- Activate energy performance contracts with Result Guarantees favourable to the 10 municipalities through ESCOs;
- Contribute to the fulfilment of the Alto Minho’s Municipalities’ Covenant of Mayors’ commitments.
- Grant agreement not yet signed.
Partners and coordinatorList Map
|Intermunicipality of Minho-Lima||Portugal|
|Alto Minhoâs regional energy and environment agency||Portugal|