The goal of the project is to establish shining examples for the implementation of the Energy End-Use Efficiency & Energy Services Directive (2006/32/EC) in cities. The participating cities will show that it is possible to save 3% of the City Authority’s own energy consumption per year. The energy reduction targets are long term to reach minus 30% by 2020, and each city will have a different year-by-year result to meet this target. The project will put in place action plans for the City Council’s own energy consumption and start implementing them. All areas for which the municipality is responsible for will be included: heating, cooling and ventilation of buildings, electricity consumption in buildings, street lighting, water and waste water services, own vehicle fleet, etc. Another key objective is to promote energy services and their market development through applying them in the cities own building stock.
In this page:
- Establish shining examples for the implementation of the Energy Efficiency & Energy Services Directive (2006/32/EC) in cities
- Energy Action Plans will be developed and measures will be implemented with the target of a minus 3% energy reduction (30% municipal energy reduction by 2020)
- An assessment of the measures in the action plan according to the national evaluation methodology will be conducted, which will be adapted to achieve the goal of minus 3 %.
- Start up models of co-operation with financial institutions, ESCOs and utilities will be created with the participation of 5 companies per city
- Dissemination of activities to other cities with a target of 25 cities adopting the Minus 3% targets by 2012
- This project has just started. It is therefore too early to draw lessons.
Partners and coordinatorList Map
|City of Dublin Energy Management Agency Ltd.||Ireland|
|City of Graz||Austria|
|Grazer Energieagentur Ges.m.b.H.||Austria|
|Dublin City Council||Ireland|
|Energetické centrum Bratislava||Slovakia|
|Energetska agencija za Podravje||Slovenia|
|Mestna obina Maribor||Slovenia|
|ASOCIACIÓN ARAGONESA DE ENTIDADES LOCALES||Spain|
|EUROPA INNOVACIÓN Y DESARROLLO, S.L.||Spain|
|Bryson Charitable Group (NIEA)||United Kingdom|
City of Dublin Energy Management Agency Ltd.
+ 353 (0) 1 4100562
Duration:01/10/2008 to 30/09/2011