If individuals, owner associations and housing associations are unaware of how they can implement energy saving measures then the full impact of building energy certificates may be lost. IMPLEMENT makes use of networks of professionals and information campaigns (on financing mechanisms, turn key solutions and sources of advice). The campaigns are targeted at homeowners and housing associations. The project highlighted the measures needed to make energy performance certification effective. The participating countries have shown the way forward: others can follow their example in how to effectively inform the citizens of Europe about the energy consumption in their homes.
In this page:
- Information campaigns across Europe: different approaches, unexpected reults!
- In The Netherlands, an existing campaign called Wonen++ was extended. It faciliatated access to professionals and to finance in order to encourage the uptake of energy performance investments in homes.
- Under the brand name Energy Club, Hungary's awareness-raising campaign teargeted owners of traditionally constructed flats.
- In Denmark, private house owners were given an 'integrated' offer including both installation and building options.
- In the Czech Republic, 20 case study buildings in Prague and Zlin were chosen for energy audits, then used as case studies showing potential savings.
- High quality preparation of a campaign, its attraction and careful positioning are the keys to success. Obstacles and barriers which could arise should be used in order to develop supporting arguments for the campaign goal of energy saving.
- Your campaign partners must be carefully selected. The success of your campaign depends on it. All partners should understand the campaign concept, their role in the process and the roadmap to implementation.
- Adapt your campaign material to the receiver: relevant and personalised information can make all the difference.
Partners and coordinatorList Map
|ENVIROS s.r.o.||Czech Republic|
|Credit and Export Guarantee Fund KredEx||Estonia|
|Initiative Wohnungswirtschaft Osteuropa (IWO) e.V.||Germany|
|Energy Club Environmental Association||Hungary|
|Etna Ambiente s.r.l.||Italy|
0031 50 316 49 97
Duration:01/01/2007 to 31/12/2009