Habit@ supports knowledge transfer, promotion and local implementation of renewable energies and energy efficiency know-how gained in the EU to developing countries, aligning their development to advanced EU Energy policies. In particular, the project will strengthen local expertise related to low-cost housing, energy efficient local building materials and energy saving in public buildings, such as schools and health centres. The main target groups of the project include energy professionals, architects and design companies. The project consortium will create a web-based learning portal; organise short training courses, online seminars and workshops; produce information material and design guidelines; organise a best practice exhibition.
In this page:
- Sharing of expertise and networking opportunities trough low cost-intranet, including a centralised range of tools, for building designers.
- Training events in destination countries to assist building designers with practical information and tools on how to incorporate solar architecture principles, energy efficiency concepts and renewable energy technologies into building design.
- Workshops and exhibitions.
- Publications which can be used by professionals, students and teachers as a didactic tool to promote and teach good practice in sustainability in architecture.
- An Interactive @Forum to constantly support discussion, networking and information exchange through a web-portal.