Building owners, product suppliers and service providers have been given the opportunity to be recognised as GreenBuilding Partners or Endorsers for their efforts towards implementing ambitious and cost effective energy saving measures in non-residential buildings. In this project, all partners have received technical assistance and public recognition in the form of publications, Internet information, access to a best practices database, advice on cost-effective measures and the right to use the GreenBuilding logo. The GreenBuilding Programme involves voluntary commitments to reduce energy consumption in buildings by 25%. This scheme, set up in 12 European countries, is now being extended within the GreenBuildingPlus project.
In this page:
- 52 GreenBuilding Partners from 12 countries have been working on 64 non-residential buildings according to plans put together by 29 GreenBuilding Endorsers from eight countries.
- Average primary energy savings of 33% were recorded in 64 buildings, equating to savings of about 90 000 MWh of primary energy and 22 000 tons of CO2 emissions per year.
- A centralised website was set up in English, offering guidelines and technical modules, best practices and publications.
- A network of National Contact Points was set up in 12 European countries to provide information in the respective national languages.
- The second phase, GreenBuildingPlus, will involve an awards ceremony and bringing on board new partners.
- Refurbished non-residential buildings still need more publicity in order to act as shining best-practice examples and to stimulate imitation
- There is a high necessity for knowledge transfer in the field of energy efficient construction and refurbishment of non-residential buildings
- GreenBuilding successfully serves as a leverage to raise awareness, provide information, ease decisions, support the realisation and spread the knowledge of successful energy efficiency projects in the non-residential building sector
Partners and coordinatorList Map
|Deutsche Energie-Agentur GmbH||Germany|
|Energetski Institut Hrvoje Pozar||Croatia|
|Centre for Renewable Energy Sources||Greece|
|Politecnico di Milano - Dipartimento di Energetica||Italy|
|Agência para a Energia||Portugal|
|Universitat Rovira i Virgili||Spain|
|Swedish Property Federation||Sweden|
Deutsche Energie-Agentur GmbH
CHAUSSEESTRASSE 128 A
+49 30 72 6165 696
Ms Alexandra Lermen
+49 30 72 61 65 – 633
0049 0 30 - 72 61 65 686
0049 30 726165654
Duration:01/12/2007 to 31/05/2010