GreenBuilding is the European Union's programme to enhance the energy efficiency of non-residential buildings. The aim of the IEE project GreenBuilding is to set up the infrastructure for the programme in ten European countries and to initiate modernisation measures in non-residential buildings on a voluntary basis during the two-year pilot phase 2005-06. With the help of so-called technical modules, information on cost-effective measures to enhance the energy efficiency and the integration of renewable energies is provided to building owners. Building owners, who decide on the implementation of modernisation measures may receive the status "GreenBuilding Partner" if they achieve energy consumption reductions of 25% or more. Organisations supporting a building owner in becoming GreenBuilding partner with their products or services may receive the status of a "GreenBuilding Endorser". GreenBuilding supports participants in the programme with a set of promotional measures, including internet, publications, a best practice database and the right to use the GreenBuilding logo.
In this page:
- With the support of the Intelligent Energy - Europe Programme there were 20-40 GreenBuilding pilot projects in the ten participating countries by the end of 2006 and
- 50 GreenBuilding Partners by the end of 2006 and
- 80 GreenBuilding Endorsers by the end of 2006. The GreenBuilding Programme goes from strength-to-strength in 2010 with around 180 Partners. If your organisation is interested in reaping the benefits of the Programme, please visit the web-site.
- Set of technical modules providing information on cost-effective measures on renewable energy integration and the improvement of the energy efficiency in non-residential buildings
- GreenBuilding infrastructure with National Contact Points in ten European countries
- In the face of rising energy prices, the readiness to consider energy efficiency measures in non-residential buildings is clearly growing.
- GreenBuilding successfully serves as a leverage to raise awareness, provide information, ease decisions, support the realisation and spread the knowledge of successful energy efficiency projects in the non-residential building sector.
- There are still large regional differences in the EU member states concerning the development of energy efficiency markets. GreenBuilding is most successful where these markets are already well-developed and market partners can be involved in the programme. At the same time, GreenBuilding contributes to the further development of energy efficiency markets in all participating countries
Partners and coordinatorList Map
Deutsche Energie-Agentur GmbH
CHAUSSEESTRASSE 128 A
+49 30 72 6165 696
Ms Alexandra Lermen
+49 30 72 61 65 – 633
0049 0 30 - 72 61 65 686
0049 30 726165654
Duration:01/01/2005 to 31/12/2006