GPP 2020 aimed at: - building capacity amongst public authorities for the implementation of GPP for energy related products, services and works procurement, - building capacity amongst procurement training providers, to enable the integration of GPP into regular procurement training programmes, - achieving CO2 reductions through supporting the implementation of GPP tenders, - promoting knowledge transfer of GPP approaches, and innovative technologies and services between purchasing bodies and GPP support bodies across Europe, - enhancing permanent GPP support structures in the target countries.
In this page:
- 112 GPP tenders for energy related products and services carried out by project partners and associate partners. Status: 114 tenders carried out successfully leading to savings of 922,932 t CO2e. Tender models (case studies) for 108 tenders are available at http://www.gpp2020.eu/low-carbon-tenders. Future Tender Implementation Plans are available at http://www.gpp2020.eu/low-carbon-tenders/open-tenders.
- 13 train the trainer seminars, resulting in 130 participants able to provide GPP training for procurers as well as 36 training seminars for procurers, resulting in 540 participants better able to implement GPP within their own procurement actions. Status: Training materials available at http://www.gpp2020.eu/events-and-training/training-material. Training series concluded with over 1,200 participants.
- Permanent GPP support functions to assist public authorities in implementation during and after the project. Status: Support actions concluded and sustainability assessment for future actions finalised. See http://www.gpp2020.eu/about-gpp-2020/about-gpp-2020national-support-actions.
- GPP 2020 shows that changing behaviour in big purchasing organisations is sometimes like turning a tanker – slow moving but once on the move they do it very effectively and act as a role model for low-carbon procurement.
- A rich and comprehensive set of activities were implemented such as a tender database, national networking events, a one-stop information platform or the establishment of an online GPP helpdesk. Starting early in the project in identifying those concrete activities was crucial for the success.
- Development, application and continuous improvement of the GPP 2020 methodology including the calculators on how to measure energy and CO2 eq savings – appropriate resources are needed to provide a timely and professional in-consortium helpdesk for calculating the achievements.
Partners and coordinatorList Map
ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability European Secretariat
+49 761 368 9247
Duration:01/05/2013 to 30/04/2016