The project promotes the concept of GREEN-BLUE-ENERGY FACTORY: industrial and commercial warehouses equipped with single or combined renewable energy sources, able to provide electricity, heating and cooling for their premises, as well as for the business activities housed within. GBE FACTORY will represent the transition from fossil fuel warehouses to second generation industrial or commercial buildings, with particular attention to energy-intensive-use assets. Business Models will be investigated and the most advanced ones promoted. The project will also address issues related to the policy framework and financial conditions. The forms of intervention will be RES installation in existing/refurbished or new industrial or commercial warehouses. GBE FACTORY dedicated buildings will pursue the optimisation of efficiency and effectiveness of the investment, optimizing the combination of RES technologies and their integration, achieving economies of scale. In this way not only GBE FACTORIES can be self-sufficient industrial/commercial buildings, tending to zero emissions, but also real RES generation plants, that can share renewable electricity and thermal energy with others.
In this page:
- Create knowledge regarding feasible GBE FACTORY business models for diffusing the GBE FACTORY implementation in Europe, and trigger 21 MW (H/C/E). • GBE FACTORY business models and best practices Guide • 21 MW (h/c/e) triggered in Europe Target groups: companies’, investors, ESCOs, EPCs, users and suppliers of national supply chains
- Bridge the gap between the demand and supply of GBE Factory systems, making GBE FACTORY EPCs (Energy performance contracting) meet SMEs; HCIU (Heating and Cooling Intensive Use) market sectors. • 5 Market Analysis of the regional HCIU market sectors • GBE FACTORY wide presentation through a dedicated Roadmap; • Supply agreements and first implementations of GBE FACTORIES; • GBE FACTORY local supply chains promotion and matchmaking; Target groups: companies’, investors
- Promote the installation of RES plants in industrial and commercial buildings (existing, new or refurbished). • 30 GBE FACTORY reference cases • 10 exemplary cases of GBE BEST FACTORIES • Development of 5 project proposals Target groups: users and suppliers of national supply chains; ESCOs, EPCs, Business agents
- Creation of framework conditions and of a basic GBE FACTORY "infrastructure" that will allow to extend the impacts of the projects. • Promotion of GBE FACTORY-oriented venture organizations • Creation of a GBE FACTORY financial and business agents pool • Promotion of the GBE FACTORY Brand • Creation of European consensus on GBE FACTORIES through a circuit of best running examples and demonstrations of new advanced concepts Target groups: companies, ESCO's, EPC's, investors
- Issue of policy measures and specific tools for GBE FACTORY development. • Dedicated public support measures (at least 2 regional support measures) • Joint cost effective services involving at least 4 GBE FACTORY supply chains • Proposals for friendly approaches to GBE FACTORY components and systems; tools available on the GBE FACTORY website. Target groups: regional and local public administrations.
- Necessity of actions of lobbying at national/regional level in order to develop and implement regulation and procedure for supporting companies in renewable energy investments (e.g. create dedicated subsidies, tax breaks,etc. because a lot of renewable energy sources are still not sustainable from a financial point of view).
- Necessity to investigate new typologies of contacting between potential investors and Energy Performance Contract and Energy Services companies in order to cut the costs of the initial investment and promote the dialogue among stakeholders.
- Necessity to boost public/private partnerships for developing renewable energy investments and creating new business models.
- Necessity to inform companies about the opportunities for renewable energy investments coming from the policy of their country and from the EU.
Partners and coordinatorList Map
|Union of Veneto Chambers of Commerce||Italy|
|BULGARIAN INDUSTRIAL ASSOCIATION||Bulgaria|
|S.O.L.I.D. Company for Installation of Solar and design mbH||Austria|
|Italian-Slovak Chamber of Commerce||Slovakia|
|Clusterland Oberösterreich GmbH||Austria|
|ERATO Holding Plc||Bulgaria|
|P.S. Elmont â stav, Ltd||Slovakia|
|Investment bank in Lower Saxony||Germany|
|Italian Chamber of Commerce for Germany||Germany|
Union of Veneto Chambers of Commerce
0039 041 099 9411
Duration:01/06/2011 to 31/05/2014