The 12 partner regions have served pioneers demonstrating how regions of different characteristics can be a key driving force in fulfilling the European 20-20-20 policy goal. Core elements in this have been the elaboration of Sustainable Energy Action Plans (SEAP) in conjunction with supporting the implementation of Sustainable Energy Projects (SEP) in each region. In addition ENNEREG has comprised a successful twinning and replication programme, of which a core activity has been twinning with regions outside the consortium on SEAP development and initiation of SEPs in the twin regions. A further dimension has been put in place: the Regions 202020 platform acting as a facilitator of interaction between European regions and communities on SEAP actions. The website contains useful information from both ENNEREG and parallel projects and attracted great interest with more than 327 thousand visits to the website during the project period; in addition almost 700 regional and local stakeholders have joined the Regions 202020 Network.
In this page:
- Sustainable Energy Action Plans for 11 Regions: The partner regions have developed and implemented regional Sustainable Energy Action Plans (SEAPs) to steer the vision of creating sustainable energy regions. Read more about the experiences gained via the link below: http://regions202020.eu/cms/inspiration/inspiration-guide/ennereg-experi...
- Supporting Sustainable Energy Projects in 12 Regions: Triggering almost 300 Sustainable Energy Projects (SEPs). The evaluation shows that these SEPs correspond to cumulated investments of around 250,000 MEUR within the project period and are estimated to reach nearly a billion Euro by 2020. The total energy savings are estimated to be around 200,000 toe, renewable energy production 1.6 million toe and reductions of CO2 emissions more than 2 million toe - all figures until 2020.
- Twinning and replication: ENNEREG has fulfilled a successful twinning and replication programme. A core activity has been twinning with regions outside the consortium for direct interaction on SEAP development and initiation of SEPs in the twin regions. On both sides, ENNEREG regions and their twins evaluated the twinning experience as useful and 2/3 of the partnerships are expected to continue cooperation after the ENNEREG project has ended.
- Dissemination Platform Regions 202020: The Regions 202020 platform has been put in place as a facilitator of interaction between European regions and communities on SEAP actions. The website contains useful information from both ENNEREG and parallel projects and attracted great interest with more than 327 thousand visits to the website during the project period; in addition almost 700 regional and local stakeholders have joined the Regions 202020 Network.
- Inspiration Guide: The Regions 202020 Inspiration Guide, enriched with experiences from the ENNEREG Pioneer Sustainable Energy Regions, aims to help regions getting on track to become Sustainable Energy Regions (http://regions202020.eu/cms/inspiration)
- Engaging the stakeholders: The progress on regional SEAPs has been done in form of a network oriented approach for engaging the regions’ key stakeholders. A key lesson is that the process only succeeds and creates momentum for a long term impact if a broad level of stakeholders from both the public and private sector become engaged.
- How to trigger sustainable energy actions: The project evaluation has looked into how the regional partners have supported the realization of Sustainable Energy Projects in their regions, e.g. through capacity building, awareness raising, direct support such as assistance with feasibility studies or other types of intervention that have helped the SEPs to develop. A main lesson is that each region must develop an approach suited its specific characteristics.
- Twinning and replication: ENNEREG’s twinning and replication programme has given understanding about both the challenges regions face at broad European level as well as how regions can cooperate on meeting these challenges. Based on this learning the project team has given recommendation on how to design future twinning and replication themes.
Partners and coordinatorList Map
|Energy Consulting Network ApS||Denmark|
|Sofia Energy Centre||Bulgaria|
|Energy Consulting Network ApS||Denmark|
|Centre for Renewable Energy Sources||Greece|
|Lithuanian Energy Institute||Lithuania|
|Baltycka Agencja Poszanowania Energii S.A.||Poland|
|AREAM - Agência Regional da Energia e Ambiente da Região Autónoma da Madeira||Portugal|
|Ente Vasco de la Energía||Spain|
|Energy Agency for Southeast Sweden||Sweden|
|Severn Wye Energy Agency Limited||United Kingdom|
|Institute of Mechanical Engineering||Portugal|
|Centre for rational use of Energy and Environment||Germany|
|South Denmark European Office||Denmark|
|Marshal Office of Wielkopolkska Region||Poland|
|CPL Scientific Publishing Services Ltd trading as CPL Press||United Kingdom|
Energy Consulting Network ApS
Duration:01/05/2010 to 30/04/2013