ENERGY UNION outlines the mutual benefits of Intelligent Energy (IE), with particular focus to its benefits for climate change prevention. It emphasises the question why large-scale IE implementation has not been realised in Europe so far. The campaign appeals to young people to change behaviour in favour of IE, and to directly address decision makers and call for policy action. ENERGY UNION will take place in 12 EU target countries in concert halls, club venues or at large music festivals. The tour will be implemented as a ‘rail-show’ with all travel undertaken using railway services and public transports, and the exhibition and tour crew moving through Europe in a special train carriage.Three innovative promotion tools will be developed to communicate the message to a large audience, attractive for young people of today:
- Audiovisual Show Interactive
- Multi-Media Exhibition
- Political Forums and Panel Discussions
In this page:
- Youth, policy makers and opinion leaders taking action for boosting IE and providing contributions to the production of the promotion tools.
- Organisation of 12 flagship events – each accompanied by a press conference and a political forum – 12 support events, and installation of exhibition and info-stand at 24 sites, reaching out to a total audience of 50.000 youths and 300 policy makers
- 12 months implementation of a climate friendly tour ‘on the rail’
- Development of three innovative and interactive promotion tools
- In order to reach out effectively to a large audience of young target groups, usage of social media tools on a daily basis is of utmost importance.
- Young people are ready to listen and act if a concrete message is delivered avoiding apocalyptic and catastrophic scenarios.
- Using art and music to promote IE has a huge potential to bring the message across to a large audience that can not be reached by conventional means of dissemination. The potential still seems largely untapped, but there is immense interest from the music and creative industry to follow-up similar initiatives. Last update: 05.11.11
Partners and coordinatorList Map
|4youreye Bischof-Herlbauer OEG||Austria|
|elevate - "Verein zur Förderung des gesellschaftspolitischen und kulturellen Austausches"||Austria|
|European Renewable Energy Centres Agency||Belgium|
|Friends of the Earth Europe||Belgium|
|Green City e. V.||Germany|
|Brightonart Ltd||United Kingdom|
|Ninja Tune Limited||United Kingdom|
0049 89 720 12 792
0049 (0)89 720 127 41
Dipl.-Ing. Dominik Rutz M.Sc.
Dr. Christian Epp
0049-89-720 12 792
Mr Michael Papapetrou
+49 89 720 12 712
Duration:01/08/2008 to 31/03/2011