EGS started from the need to involve local communities in tackling energy issues and improving energy efficiency. The main actor contributing to involve a whole community and at the same time training the younger generations is the school. The project developed an actual framework for the implementation of energy efficiency at school including a manifesto and courses for schools staff and for students. The core aim of the project was focussing on the involvement of local actors in 4 processes: educational programmes, teachers training, involvement of the local productive sector and governance. 13 forums were created, each producing an action plan with at least 3 feasibility plans for the main tasks. Each forum implemented 1 pilot action that was monitored and evaluated. In addition, some of the participating schools tested and integrated an Energy Management System (EMS) into their operations.
In this page:
- 122 manifestos for energy efficiency were signed by schools and other stakeholders
- 13 local forums were set up and 13 energy action plans were developed with stakeholder involvement from the whole community. A collection of 39 new energy projects were identified and 13 action implemented, monitored and evaluated.
- 4 schools tested and integrated Energy Management Systems - EN16001 into their school operations.
- A database containing 50 good practice school activities is online on the project website.
- 150 teachers were trained reaching out to 14,000 pupils. 120 teachers and 1,200 students participated in study tours to sustainable energy parks and learnt hands-on about energy efficiency and renewables.
- Young people are perhaps the ones who can impact the most the local communities by disseminating best practices for energy efficiency. It is necessary to involve the whole educational community: from the director of a school, to a maximum number of students and teachers, but also families, local enterprises, civil society and local and regional governments which have the power to institutionalise good practices.
Partners and coordinatorList Map
LICEO SCIENTIFICO STATALE "NICOLO' TRON"
+39 0445 521715
Duration:01/09/2008 to 28/02/2011