This project monitors energy efficiency and CO2 trends, and it evaluates national energy efficiency policy measures at EU25 level and on a country-by-country basis for the new member countries (NMCs), plus Bulgaria. It will rely on energy efficiency/CO2 indicators and on a database to describe energy efficiency measures by country. The monitoring of energy efficiency progress by sector will combine aggregate bottom-up indicators with detailed indicators to improve the interpretation of the factors behind the trends observed. The analysis of measures will aim at identifying successful and innovative measures in the new EU member states. The project partners will simulate the long-term impact of measures in the residential sector in terms of energy and CO2 savings in Hungary and the Czech Republic. The data bases will be updated to 2005; new development of methodologies such as the ODEX indicator will be carried out. The dissemination will consolidate the use of ODYSSEE-MURE data bases.
In this page:
- Assessment and analysis of the energy efficiency improvement and CO2 abatement (energy related) at the EU-25 level and for each of the New Member States and Bulgaria over the last 10 years through updated and harmonised indicators.
- Comparison of the relative energy efficiency performance of each New EU Member country through adjusted indicators with the EU-15 and EU-25 average and positioning of New EU countries in comparison to benchmark values.
- Assess and analyse measures for the rational use of energy and for the promotion of end-use renewables for New EU Member States, as well as on their impact.
- Transfer to NMC's of the methodology of energy efficiency indicators and dissemination to NMC's of the results of evaluation of measures and packages of measures in, EU-15 countries.
- Provide information on the possibilities of joint implementation projects in the flexible Kyoto mechanisms.
- The MURE tool is very useful to evaluate the impact of the energy saving policies, especially for countries which have a lack in own evaluation tools and not a strong tradition in measure evaluation.
- in industry, the situation of data availability is quite good in these countries, compared to EU-15 countries; however, in the transport and household sector the data situation is not so good and cannot be as detailed as in most EU-15 countries.
- For the NMC it is more difficult than for EU15 countries to find adequate quantitative evaluations of policy measures.
Partners and coordinatorList Map
|Agence de l'Environnement et de la Maîtrise de l'Energie||France|
|Energy Charter Secretariat||Belgium|
|Energy Efficiency Agency||Bulgaria|
|Cyprus Institute of Energy||Cyprus|
|Czech Energy Agency||Czech Republic|
|ENVIROS s.r.o.||Czech Republic|
|Danish Energy Authority||Denmark|
|Tallinn University of Technology||Estonia|
|Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V.||Germany|
|Istituto di Studi per l'Integrazione dei Sistemi||Italy|
|Latvian Investment and Development Agency||Latvia|
|State Enterprise Energy Agency||Lithuania|
|Malta Resources Authority||Malta|
|Glówny Urzad Statystyczny||Poland|
|Krajowa Agencja Poszanowania Energii S.A.||Poland|
|Slovenská Energetická Agentúra||Slovakia|
|Statistical Office of the Slovak Republic||Slovakia|
|Jozef Stefan Institute||Slovenia|
Agence de l'Environnement et de la Maîtrise de l'Energie
0033 0 4 93 95 79 96
0033 1 47652355
0033 2 41 91 41 65
0033 14765 2450
Duration:01/01/2006 to 30/06/2007