The partners in the EEBD action aimed to produce a web-based vocational tool to help implement the training requirements for the building certification market arising from new European legislation. Project partners investigated the vocational training needs across the regions of the EU and developed appropriate training material as well as an electronic platform. The resulting web-based tool was based on thorough testing, involving virtual classrooms, to produce a robust product which could act as a central source of training info for engineers.
In this page:
- Large differences in knowledge levels and needs were identified across sectors of the market. A detailed analysis of the market requirements was produced and disseminated.
- A fully functional vocational training tool in a multi-lingual format is available on-line. This tool can assist training providers and is available in dual operational formats.
- Virtual classrooms with building professionals and owners were held in four countries, attracting in some cases over 100 trainees.
- A training syllabus was set out covering themes such as energy performance certificates and inspection of boilers and air conditioning systems.
- The vocational training needs concerning the European Buildings Directive were analysed through a questionnaire. 950 responses were obtained. The results of these questionnaires are the basis for the vocational training tool design, but it will also initiate a valuable feedback habit for training content and the regular update of end user needs in order to keep the future dynamic training tool up to date
- Across all professional categories and in all countries there is a need for general information on the European Buildings Directive, and on regional differences in regulations and energy performance in buildings. Depending on their profile, end users demand a variety of specific information. However the project results to date suggest that most end users (with details depending on the professional's profile) require information on Calculation methods and software used Certification procedure
- Since there are significant delays in countries' transposition the vocational training tool should be flexible and expandable for future use.
Partners and coordinatorList Map
Technological Educational Institute of Crete
0030 28210 23017
Duration:01/01/2005 to 31/08/2007