DEXA-MCP extends and applies the 'Motor Challenge' programme to increase the use of energy efficient electric motor systems in the European industry. Electrical motor systems - e.g. for compressed air, pumping, fans, refrigeration - account for a large share of the electricity which industrial companies in Europe consume. There is hard evidence that these systems are an important potential source of energy savings. The DEXA-MCP project encourages the European industry sector to realise this potential: leading companies with effective energy efficiency plans are entitled to use the Motor Challenge Label. The project approach is based on communication, training, auditing, technical support, the development of decision-making tools and their integration into national energy programmes
In this page:
- Use the Motor Challenge label as an incentive for at least 120 companies to develop energy efficiency action plans.
- Technical modules to apply energy efficiency measures to refrigerating systems and industrial electrical networks.
- Simple, computer based decision support tools and a simple paper tool for SMEs.
- Extend the Motor Challenge label and related programme to new European countries, notably Finland, Slovenia and Lithuania, but also others.
- Create a real European 'motor challenge programme' brand with a wide range of activities organised under it.
- There is a continued need to raise awareness of, and promote, energy efficient motor systems.
- Auditing programmes are a key means of identifying energy efficiency measures. Most Companies welcome expert support in carrying out an audit and in implementing the recommended measures.
- To develop a European programme in general, and Motor Challenge in particular, 2 levels of action are needed:- a permanent and dynamic European coordination;- a relay at national levels to integrate the programme with national conditions and policy.
Partners and coordinatorList Map
|Agence de l'Environnement et de la Maîtrise de l'Energie||France|
|Deutsche Energie-Agentur GmbH||Germany|
|Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V.||Germany|
|Centre for Renewable Energy Sources||Greece|
|ENEA, Ente per le Nuove Tecnologie, L'energia e l'Ambiente||Italy|
|Lithuanian Energy Institute||Lithuania|
|Agência para a Energia||Portugal|
|ISR-University of Coimbra||Portugal|
|Jozef Stefan Institute||Slovenia|
|Swedish Energy Agency||Sweden|
Agence de l'Environnement et de la Maîtrise de l'Energie
0033 0 4 93 95 79 96
0033 1 47652355
0033 2 41 91 41 65
0033 14765 2450
Duration:01/01/2005 to 30/06/2007