Cyclelogistics Ahead builds on the success of CycleLogistics. Cyclelogistics the use of cargo bicycles for goods delivery over the last mile, and founded the Cyclelogistics Federation as a professional body to support cycle logistics companies across Europe. Three target groups are addressed. 1. The transport sector. Experts from the Cyclelogistics Federation will deliver training workshops leading to: at least 100 start-up companies, the use of cargo and e-cargo bikes to enable them to handle increased loads so they can establish co-operations with international express courier companies, and innovative IT solutions to set up distribution centres. 2. Municipalities: 110 start-ups will make authorities aware of zero emission logistics advantages. Participating municipalities will set up consolidation centres, implement low emission zones and parking restrictions to favour zero emission vehicles. 3. Private and commercial end users will be made aware of their market shaping powers through a label that brands zero emission urban deliveries. The direct experience with cargo bikes as well as newly set up services will convince them: such services will be zero emission home deliveries from supermarkets, retailers and restaurants. E-commerce deliveries will be made more carbon efficient by providing end users with delivery boxes, collection points or locker banks for the case of failed deliveries.
In this page:
- 110 cyclelogistics start-ups and 35 new local cooperation initiatives with international courier services will greatly increase the use of cargo bicycles and e–cargo e-bikes for goods transport in cities;
- Establishment of 50 pilot applications of zero emission home delivery services;
- Promotion of framework conditions supporting zero emission urban logistics by establishing 6 consolidation centres and introducing regulatory measures in at least 2 cities;
- Establish a zero emission logistics label;
- Transforming the Cyclelogistics Federation into an organisation that can sustain continuous growth of cyclelogistics beyond the end of the project.
Too early to draw final "lessons learned".
Partners and coordinatorList Map
|Austrian Mobility Research / Forschungsgesellschaft Mobilitaet Gemeinnützige GmbH||Austria|
|TRT Trasporti e Territorio Srl||Italy|
|Ayuntamiento de Donostia-San Sebastián||Spain|
|Cambridgeshire County Council||United Kingdom|
|Outspoken Delivery LLP||United Kingdom|
|Txita txirrindak S.L.||Spain|
|Urban-e MSC GmbH||Germany|
|Messenger a.s.||Czech Republic|
|Flanders Institute for Logistics||Belgium|
|Hajtás Pajtás Bike Courier Ltd.||Hungary|
|Delivery & Parcel Solutions bvba||Belgium|
|City of Mechelen||Belgium|
Austrian Mobility Research / Forschungsgesellschaft Mobilitaet Gemeinnützige GmbH
Duration:21/06/2014 to 21/01/2015