The objective of CYBER Display was to show that the overall aim of the European Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD), reducing the consumption of buildings in Europe, can significantly be accelerated if local authorities can stimulate behavioural change by communicating the performances of their buildings to politicians, technicians, building users, different municipal departments and the public. This was achieved by increasing the visibility and quality of local Communication Campaigns in Europe and analysing the effects they have on actual building performance improvements. Other municipalities will be provided with the information they need to start their own Communication Campaigns and invest in a future with better performing public buildings and, consequently less wastage of public funds. Cutting edge communication activities will be promoted via an annual award and the overall visibility of all these local campaigns will be provided by Display®, the European Buildings Climate Campaign!
In this page:
- DMU research shows that the average movement of the buildings that have displayed an energy certificate is higher than those that have not displayed a poster and this movement is even more significant when communication campaigns are carried out (http://www.display-campaign.org/IMG/pdf/DMU_Final_Analysis.pdf)
- Extensive experience from 7 Campaign years completed by DMU findings were used to write a briefing note titled "Towards a voluntary common European Union certification scheme for non-residential buildings" http://www.display-campaign.org/IMG/pdf/Display_Towards_a_voluntary_comm...
- The existing communication handbook has been updated with new examples and ideas to improve local communication campaigns (available in en, fr, hu and de) http://www.display-campaign.org/IMG/pdf/Display_Communication_Handbook.pdf - A professional 5 minute video was produced and translated in 16 European languages available online http://www.youtube.com/displaycampaign#p/a/u/0/5EpSMvaZcpU and on an original USB card.
- 3 Towards Class "A" Awards with 35 local or regional authority applicant have been organised: 6 new shining examples and an online virtual Gallery of previous TCA winners with 21 posters and 21 short videos capturing the highlights and top tips http://www.display-campaign.org/ab_844_959
- The European wide communication campaign involved 27 e-newsflashes and three special NEWS (http://www.display-campaign.org/about842), one information supplement (http://www.display-campaign.org/IMG/pdf/EC_INFO_supplement_37_FINAL_EN.pdf), 37 national presentations, 8 European presentations and a final Rendezvous event (http://www.display-campaign.org/blog_839_1424). One of the great successes of Display® has been the diversity of media coverage that the Campaign has and continues to get.
- Strategically we have learnt that producing building energy certificates can have a vital ‘galvanising’ effect on municipalities who wish to improve the performance of their buildings.
- From a pure project level with numerous municipal partners maybe it would have been better to have a list of common performance indicators for these partners. In the end the freedom for each partner to create their own local project made it very difficult to manage and monitor, and made it difficult to compare.
- Having organised numerous events, although onerous in terms of booking rooms, chasing up attendees and speakers, ordering food and producing associated communications materials etc. have proved that even in this time of Facebook and Twitter, interaction on a human level is ultimately what will change attitudes to energy savings. Put simply, there will always be a need for people talking to one another and sharing their experiences.
Partners and coordinatorList Map
|Helsingin kaupunki Rakennusvirasto/HKR-Rakennuttaja||Finland|
|Agence Locale de la MaÃ®trise de l'Energie Mulhouse||France|
|Ville de Lille||France|
|Cork County Council||Ireland|
|COMUNE DI UDINE||Italy|
|Kauno regioninė energetikos agentūra||Lithuania|
|AMECASCAIS - Agência Municipal de Energia de Cascais||Portugal|
|Câmara Municipal de Almada||Portugal|
|Zavod Energetska agencija za Savinjsko, Šaleško in Koroško||Slovenia|
|Association for the Conservation of Energy||United Kingdom|
|Bristol City Council||United Kingdom|
|De Montfort University||United Kingdom|
|The Council of the Borough of Milton Keynes||United Kingdom|
|Comune di Salerno||Italy|
|Healthy Cities of the Czech Republic||Czech Republic|
0033 (0)3 81 65 36 80 (or +33 (0)3 81 6
+33 3 81 65 36 80
33 (0)1 40 35 07 61 or 33 (0)3 81 65 37
0033 0 3 81 65 36 80
Mr Jan Pierre Vallar
+33 (0)3 81 65 36 85
Duration:01/09/2008 to 28/02/2011