The main project aim is to assist local Sustainable Energy Action Plan (SEAP) development in Europe - from motivation, planning, implementation, to monitoring and evaluating. The Covenant capaCITY project focuses on 15 countries in Europe, motivating and enabling LGs to respond to "climate and energy challenges", with particular focus on small and medium-sized communities. It does this by dealing with three main activities:
- An easy learning programme is offered to local governments (local leaders and municipal staff)
- A ‘train-the-trainer’ programme to extend the support offered, inviting participation of representatives from local government associations and networks, energy agencies working with municipalities.
- It actively supports selected cities and towns in 15 countries – step-by-step rolling-out their Local Climate and Energy Actions
In this page:
- Project website has been launched and updated – www.covenant-capacity.eu
- Train-the trainer programme has been launched. 77 Trainers have been identified. A series of training events have taken place (so far 850 people trained) addressing local government associations / city networks / energy agencies).
- Online training platform for local governments and their partners has been launched –http://www.covenant-capacity.eu/eu/training-platform with "learners" and trainers registered and accessing training modules (8 topics for start-up level municipalities online).
- "Covenant capaCITY Conference – Energy Action Planning made easy!" was held in Malmö, Sweden on 18 September 2012 – with 236 participants. Online video available of all sessions is from project website.
- 12 Country training programmes are underway, supported by experts and trainers.
- For further details, please refer to the project website: http://www.covenant-capacity.eu/
Partners and coordinatorList Map
ICLEI European Secretariat GmbH
+49 761 368920
Ms van Staden Maryke
Mr. Santhosh Kodukula
+49 288 97 62 99 - 54
Ms Maryke van Staden
+49-761 / 368 92 0
Mr Mark Hidson
+49 761 36892-0
0049 761 36992-0
Duration:01/06/2011 to 31/05/2014