The project supports medium-large cities and the smaller towns in their urban area in energy management and planning through peer-to-peer support and training between less and more experienced municipalities. The consortium brings together 8 trainee cities and 2 tutoring cities in 7 countries. Trainee cities and 40 conurbation towns are involved in centralised and local training actions and supported in the development and actual implementation of their SEAPs. Approval of SEAPs is underway and the implementation of several tangible actions are foreseen during the timeframe of the project. Investments of ca 375 million€ are expected to be triggered.
In this page:
- 120 technicians and policy makers from various cities and towns are trained
- Selection of at least 2 actions per SEAPs and implementation within first year after SEAP (at least 96 actions implemented)
- 8 participatory SEAPs in cities covering a population of ca. 2 million and 40 participatory SEAPs in Conurbation towns covering a population of ca. 350.000
- An average of 7.5 million € investments is triggered in each targeted territory by the end of the project (ca. 75 million €)
- At least 5 proposals presented to the ELENA facility to develop investment plans for at least a total of 375 milion euros
- The peer-to-peer approach is giving the first good results allowing small, medium and large cities to share their experiences on sustainable energy policies and facing together some of the difficulties that they have to manage in this field. This approach helped the participating municipalities to institutionalise the consciousness process of developing smart energy policies.
- All targeted cities and towns have been trained by the technical partners and are working on their actions on sustainable energy policies, such as signing the Covenant of Mayors, finalise their BEI (Baseline Emission Inventory) and develop their SEAP (Sustainable Energy Action Plan). All partners shared the importance of a participatory approach while writing a SEAP and stakeholders' fora were used during the entire SEAP process.
- The targeted cities and towns are developing a very strong awareness about the importance of acting at local level in an homogeneous way in order to achieve together a common territory plan for sustainable energies that will support the Europe 20-20-20 goals. The conurbation areas decided to work keeping in mind the new Covenant of Mayors' guidelines on joint SEAPs.
Partners and coordinatorList Map
|Comune di Vicenza||Italy|
|Alba Iulia Local City Council||Romania|
|MUNICIPALITY OF TIMISOARA||Romania|
|Comune di Vicenza||Italy|
|Municipality of Padua||Italy|
|Municipality of Palma de Mallorca||Spain|
|ALBEA TRANSENERGY S.L.||Spain|
|Municipality of Limassol||Cyprus|
|Municipality of Arad||Romania|
|Municipality of Salaspils||Latvia|
|Municipality of Vratsa||Bulgaria|
|Chamber of Commerce of Vratsa||Bulgaria|
Comune di Vicenza
Duration:10/05/2011 to 10/05/2014