CH4LLENGE develops transferable solutions to the four common challenges faced when developing and implementing Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans: participation of stakeholders; institutional cooperation; identifying effective measures; monitoring and evaluation the plan making process and its measures. The 9 partner cities represent the diverse cultures in sustainable urban mobility planning in Europe. CH4LLENGE supports up to 30 committed 'follower' cities to practice sustainable urban mobility planning. A broad set of activities such as national SUMP challenge seminars, e-learning courses, site visits, manuals, quick facts, and the measure option generator will ensure high visibility of the project.
In this page:
- Apply a systematic approach to address the four SUMP development and implementation challenges.
- Pilot schemes to test solutions for overcoming barriers in the fields of participation, institutional cooperation and evaluation in the context of SUMPs.
- SUMP challenge kits for local practitioners covering the 4 defined SUMP challenges. These will consist of 'quick-facts' for decision makers as well as manuals and e-learning courses for practitioners.
- 30 road maps to initiate the development of a Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan in the 30 follower cities of the CH4LLENGE project, leading to a take-up of more strategic mobility planning procedures by decision-makers.
- 200 young professionals and 320 external stakeholders trained in overcoming SUMP challenges.
- too early to report.
Partners and coordinatorList Map
|Rupprecht Consult - Forschung & Beratung GmbH||Germany|
|Austrian Mobility Research / Forschungsgesellschaft Mobilitaet Gemeinnützige GmbH||Austria|
|The Association for Urban Transition||Romania|
|CITY OF ZAGREB||Croatia|
|Politechnical University Timisoara||Romania|
|POLIS- Promotion of Operational Links with Integrated Services aisbl||Belgium|
|Urban Planning Institute of the Republic of Slovenia|
|Union of Baltic Cities, Commission on Environment||Finland|
|City of Gent||Belgium|
|UNIVERSITY OF LEEDS||United Kingdom|
|BKK Centre for Budapest Transport||Hungary|
|City of Amiens||France|
|City of Dresden||Germany|
|West Yorkshire Integrated Transport Authority and Executive||United Kingdom|
|City of Brno||Czech Republic|
|City of Krakow||Poland|
|City of Timisoara||Romania|
Rupprecht Consult - Forschung & Beratung GmbH
Siegfried Rupprecht, Matthias Fiedler
+49 221 60 60 55 22
Mr. Siegfried Rupprecht
Dr Susanne Boehler-Baedecker
+49 221 606055-14
+49 221 60 60 55 - 19
Duration:21/03/2013 to 21/03/2016