The CEECAP project aims to help create suitable conditions for labelling appliances and putting EU energy efficiency policies into action in central and eastern European countries. It hopes to increase expertise on verification, enforcement and market introduction, and to strengthen relationships between stakeholders, thereby helping kick-start national action on energy efficiency. The project targets national experts and decision-makers.
In this page:
- Training Manuals have been prepared for government officials, retailers and manufacturers containing guidelines on the labelling of domestic appliances.
- A summary has been completed on member state implementation of the National Verification and Enforcement Plan and the National Market Introduction Plan.
- National contact groups have been organised. Workshops and individual consultations have taken place. CEECAP project managers have attended seminars and conferences.
- Energy labelling does not depend on the geographical location of the EU member state, project managers have discovered. The presence of labels in shops and the degree of state control are not necessarily lower in the new EU member states than in many of the older states. On the other hand, in many of the participating countries there is a very low level of official appliance tests.
- The national situation related to the state and quality of energy labelling does not depend on the geographical location of the EU member state. The presence of labels in shops and the degree of state controls is not necessarily lower in some of the new EU member states than in many of the EU 15 states
- On the other hand, in many of the participating countries there is a low level of shop visits and controls and a very low level of official appliance tests. While the main goal of the CEECAP project is to improve this situation, with partial improvements already reached and a complete set of information delivered to the target groups, further effort needs to be done to motivate the stakeholders for further activities (both on the side of state officials and the market players)
- The project experience show good cooperation with the appliance manufacturers and representatives on the national level. These are motivated to promote energy efficient (A class) appliances and are active in promoting energy labels towards the retailers and the general public
Partners and coordinatorList Map
|SEVEn, Stredisko pro efektivni vyuzivani energie, o.p.s.||Czech Republic|
|Center for Energy Efficiency||Bulgaria|
|Agence de l'Environnement et de la Maîtrise de l'Energie||France|
|Lithuanian Energy Institute||Lithuania|
|Krajowa Agencja Poszanowania Energii S.A.||Poland|
|Romanian Agency for Energy Conservation||Romania|
|Slovenská Energetická Agentúra||Slovakia|
SEVEn, Stredisko pro efektivni vyuzivani energie, o.p.s.
Duration:01/01/2006 to 30/06/2008