The RES Directive requires significant effort for its implementation in the EU Member States (MS). After already three years of knowledge and experience exchange in the framework of the CA-RES, numerous aspects of the implementation are still to be addressed.The second phase of the Concerted Action on the Renewable Energy Sources Directive 2009/28/EC (CA-RES II) aims to:• Consolidate a structured sharing of information and experiences and promote good practice in activities required of participating countries for the implementation of the RES Directive• Facilitate cross learning at the EU level and provide support to an effective implementation of the RES Directive in the participating countries• Encourage dialogue between the participating countries on common approaches for the effective implementation of particular parts of the directive Areas for possible future convergence of policy approaches can be identified, and the European Commission can benefit from the valuable informal feedback on the implementation of the RES Directive.The structured dialogue and cooperation will be realised through a series of 6 CA-RES II meetings focusing on key requirements of the RES Directive. 7 ' Core Themes' will cover specific fields related to and important for the implementation of the RES Directive.
In this page:
- The framework of best practice and information exchange will be consolidated and improved;
- The participating countries will strengthen and expand the network of experts enabling further cooperation beyond the duration of the CA-RES II.
- Specific areas will be identified throughout the process, where a stronger coordination and common approaches between the participating countries would be beneficial.
- Based on the experience of the participating countries, an overview of policy instruments and measures promoting the use of energy from renewable sources will be developed, so that the participating countries can build on other successful approaches and avoid pitfalls;
- The national transposition and implementation of the RES Directive has been improved in the EU Member States.
- It is too early to extract lessons learnt from this project.
Partners and coordinatorList Map
Austrian Energy Agency
Dr. Tirso Leonardo Barreto-Gómez; Mag. Cornelia Schenk, MSc; DI Maria Amtmann
+43-(0)1-5861524-127; +43-(0)1-5861524-112; +43-(0)1-5861524-193;
Duration:02/08/2013 to 01/08/2016
IEE/CA/13/002 – CA-RES II