The project works towards the elaboration & endorsement of a national qualification roadmap to enhance the achievement of the 2020 energy targets through up-to-date education & training schemes for the building workforce. It will be supported by active stakeholder engagement on the measures proposed in the roadmap, organised along two thematic pillars: 1/ Building industry utilizing technologies related to energy efficiency (EE) & renewable energy sources (RES) employing the building workforce (demand) 2/ Education schemes for the building industry workforce including continuing vocational training (offer). To reach the largest range of target groups, the scope of the analysis and roadmap covers the following segments of education & training: 1/Continuing vocational training for workers including on-the-job trainings 2/Initial education as part of the formal school system. The project will be implemented along 4 phases: (1) kick-off: creating the cooperation framework (2) initial phase: analysis & scope of roadmap development, status quo report, mobilisation of stakeholders (3) interim phase: roadmap development & stakeholder engagement (4) final phase for policy endorsement.
In this page:
- Status quo report: the analysis, prepared by month 6, will cover all professions involved in the building sector & all EE & RES technologies relevant for the country. Carried out by expert groups under the work of Thematic Coordinators with the support of General Coordinators appointed by the LP, the work will start with a baseline desk research followed by a series of large scale surveys and interviews. The analysis will be validated by relevant stakeholders.
- Conclusions of the Roundtable discussions: The involvement of stakeholders will be ensured by the surveys & interviews and through 6 occasions of informed thematic roundtable discussions organized within the frame of the National Platform activities. Roundtable discussions will also validate the Status Quo report and prepare for the Roadmap.
- Conclusions of the Joint Platform Conferences: At major milestones of implementation, altogether 3 times Joint Platform Conferences will be organized with all stakeholders linked to both thematic pillars (industry and education) to evaluate the outcomes of the expert work and stakeholder engagement and prepare for the ensuing steps of implementation. The results of each conference will be summarized in a conclusion report, to be discussed and built upon by the thematic coordinators
- Roadmap: the elaboration of the Roadmap will be an ongoing process following naturally from the status quo analysis. It will be carried out by experts (education & industry), under the supervision of thematic coordinators and supported by active stakeholder engagement and broad thematic and policy-making discussions. It will be finalized after the 3rd Joint Platform Conference, based also on its conclusions.
- 15 signed endorsement statements: along roundtable discussions held in the 2 project themes, additional organisations to be involved in the project’s endorsement process will be identified for the support of measures included in the Roadmap. The project aims to collet act least 15 Endorsement statements and thus to ensure wide acceptance and support of the key outcome of BUSH, the Roadmap and the actions involved in it.
- The project has just started
Partners and coordinatorList Map
Energy Efficiency, Environment and Energy Information Agency
Mr. Tamás Simon
Duration:16/11/2011 to 15/05/2013