The aim of BIOGAS3 is to promote the sustainable production of renewable energy from the biogas obtained of agricultural residues and food and beverage industry waste in small-scale concepts for energy self-sufficiency. Despite its multiple benefits, anaerobic digestion (AD) is not yet widely implemented in the agro-food sectors, or its implementation varies extremely between the EU-27 member states. New sustainable AD concepts are needed to increase the demand of biogas solutions. STRATEGY. 1) The needs of end-users in terms of energy demand, as well as their difficulties to install a biogas production facility will be analyzed. 2) Tools to address these needs will be developed. 3) on-field actions will be implemented to bring the developed tools to the end-users, including training sessions, workshops, webinars, national contact points, etc. A communication channel between the key actors will be developed and set in operation, to build capacity among them. The consortium includes agro-food associations, agro-food & bioenergy research centres, bioenergy associations, and training specialists oriented to renewables.
In this page:
- Small-scale AD model. Development of a sustainable model based on existing technologies of small-scale AD. It will include an energy demand management model to adapt the energy production to the fluctuating demand of the industry.
- Business collaboration models for funding opportunities. A handbook will be presented in national workshops, accompanied by a program to evaluate the sustainability of new small scale biogas plants (‘smallBIOGAS’)
- Build-up of skills and awareness on small-scale AD through on-line and face-to-face trainings, live webinars, national contact points. Train-the-trainer scheme.
- Communication channel BIOGAS3 Forum. Open space for collaboration between key actors. Dynamized by the organisation of seminars+brokerage events
- Website dedicated to small-scale biogas technology applied to agro-food industry waste. Information generated during the project will be available
- Grant agreement not yet signed.