ADD HOME aims to reduce transport needs and is fostering a modal shift from car-trips to more energy efficient modes especially starting from residential areas. in In 4 out of 5 cases the own front door is the place where modal choices are taken. The coice is often influenced by owning a private car which is considered as the easiest accessible mode in daily life. The approach of ADD HOME includes three levels: 1) legal and regulatory settings will be reshaped to enable sustainable mobility before planning new residential areas 2) the accessibility of new residential areas and each household will be refocused from the focus on private car parking lots to more energy efficient modes of transport 3) mobility patterns and habits will be reorganised by mobility-services that bundle trips, shift trips and substitute them The cooperation of municipalities and housing companies/neighbourhood administrations will create liveable housing areas that enables residents to freely choose their transport mode. The project will lead to a more ecological, economical and social way of living.
In this page:
- More than 150 trained persons in national trainings sessions within the project duration
- Guidelines from the analysis showing good practise examples for followers and legal hinders and possibilities
- More than seven implementation projects will be performed and described for potential future applications.
- there are quite a number of activities in the field of housing and mobility but still are rather insular and thus exceptions
- it needs a high level of engagement to involve housing and construction companies in the topic of mobility, since it is not part of their core business to provide their customers with mobility options and services not foreseen by legal preconditions. Their concern is with providing the potential purchaser or tenant with the transport infrastructure they are used to.
- Offering inhabitants and tenants additional services like Car Sharing has to be accompanied by promotional measures to boost the use of these services. Sustainable energy issues and in this especially successful and economical feasible implementations need intensive promotion to housing, property management and construction companies.
Partners and coordinatorList Map
Austrian Mobility Research / Forschungsgesellschaft Mobilitaet Gemeinnützige GmbH
Duration:01/12/2006 to 30/11/2009