The project target is to develop functional bioenergy market for each area. The market shall preferably include several fuel suppliers and several heat producers. The means to achieve this target are training, feasibility studies and business development assistance. - The first phase was to train the basics to some key persons from each area in order to be able to discuss all relevant matters with common terms and with common understanding. - Next phase was general feasibility study for the areas. In the study the bioenergy potential is identified as well as existing and potential actors in the market. The study result is few identified project sites in each area for more detailed study. - The work will continue by detailed case studies, training and assistance of identified actors at each area and identification of possible business opportunities and preparation of business plans together with local actors.
In this page:
- Main target is five functioning renewable heat markets
- General understanding of the feasibility of renewable heat on each area
- Identification of concrete projects, fuel suppliers, heat customers and development of full supply chains
- Each area has enough trained persons to develop further the renewable heat operations after the project
- Pilot areas serve as examples for other regions in EU, results are disseminated during and after the project
- Feasibility studies completed show that the bioenergy market is possible in all areas.
- The public awareness and general interest among municipalities have already risen and different initiatives were born.
- Expert support made possible by the project will help to develop these initiatives correctly. Last updated: 24.06.2010
Partners and coordinatorList Map
|Jyväskylä Innovation Oy||Finland|
|Jyväskylä Polytechnic Ltd||Finland|
|Jyväskylän Teknologiakeskus Oy||Finland|
|VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland||Finland|
|CEBra - Centre for Energy Technology Brandenburg GmbH||Germany|
|University of Applied Science Eberswalde||Germany|
|Forest Owners Association of Lithuania||Lithuania|
|Instituto Superior Técnico||Portugal|
|IrRADIARE, Investigação e Desenvolvimento em Engenharia e Ambiente, Lda||Portugal|
|Dirección General de Medi Natural||Spain|
Jyväskylä Innovation Oy