The 10ACTION project disseminated the values promoted by the Solar Decathlon Europe (SDE) Competition by raising awareness and reaching the EU sustainability objectives in the European society. These values encourage the responsible use of energy, and foster the application of renewable energy and energy efficient technologies. The SDE Competition, which took place in 2010 & 2012, is an international university competition in which each participating university builds a solar & energy sustainable house using market tested technologies. In 10ACTION activities have been developed for children, teenagers, students, building professionals and the general public. An ambitious communication plan has been prepared to have a high social & media impact. The following actions have been undertaken: games & competitions, debates, workshops & conferences, exhibitions of real solar houses. The consortium consisted of 7 partners from Spain, Portugal, Germany, Austria& Greece. The actions were carried out in partner countries as well as in Finland, France & the UK. 10ACTION has developed many activities, and has reached 174.861 European citizens who have learned about energy and sustainable issues
In this page:
- Actions for children: solar drawing competitions and web game.
- Actions for teenagers: debates, design and photo competitions (to which 1.303 teenagers participated).
- Actions for university students and the scientific community: debates and ideas competition. Exhibitions of solar houses, architectonical scale models & results of competitions and workshops.
- Actions for professionals of the building sector and city councils: trade fairs and technical conferences (to which 1.488 professionals of the building sector participated in).
- Actions for the general public: exhibitions of real solar houses at SDEurope, travelling exhbition of scale models of solar houses (49.182 visitors).
- It is not easy to reach schools in countries without centralised government. It is crucial to co-operate with the ministries of education as well as with organisations that already have established contacts with numerous schools.
- To reach teenagers, it has proven useful to collaborate with organisations that already organise activities with schools. The 10ACTION activities have been combined with other events e.g. during science week. In order to discuss the topic of sustainable energy regularly with teenagers, it is a good idea to involve the parents.
Partners and coordinatorList Map
UNIVERSIDAD POLITECNICA DE MADRID
Mr. Sergio Vega and Mrs. Katja Klinkenberg
Duration:14/05/2010 to 14/11/2012