Emergency lighting and some LEDs designed for very specific uses and sold in very small quantities per year (less than 200) are excluded from these regulations.
Lighting products come with energy labels and information printed on the product. The rating system ranges from A++ (the most efficient) to E (the least efficient).
- A consumer guide to lighting (en |fr | nl)
- EU energy labelling regulation for lamps and luminaires 874/2012
- PremiumLight website
Ecodesign requirements are mandatory for all standard bulbs, fluorescent lamps, and spot lights sold in the EU. These regulations set energy efficiency requirements and other factors such as bulb lifetime and warm-up time.
- EU ecodesign regulation for directional lamps, LED lamps, control gear and luminaires
- EU ecodesign regulation for fluorescent lamps without ballast, ballasts and luminaires
- EU ecodesign regulation for non-directional lamps
- Manufacturers' guide for lighting products