Energy efficient space and water heaters could save 600 TWh of electricity per year, avoiding the emission of 135 million tonnes of CO2.
A new space or water heater comes with an energy label showing its energy efficiency class. For individual products, ratings go from G (least efficient) to A++ (most efficient). It is also possible to buy a combination of technologies, such as a boiler with a solar hot water storage tank, in order to reach an A+++ energy efficiency rating.
- A consumer guide to energy efficient space heaters
- A consumer guide to energy efficient water heaters
- EU energy labelling regulation for space and combination heaters 811/2013
- EU energy labelling regulation for water heaters 812/2013
Ecodesign requirements are mandatory for all heater manufacturers and suppliers wishing to sell their products in the EU. The regulations set requirements on energy efficiency, nitrogen oxide emission levels, volume for storage water heaters, and heat losses from hot water storage tanks.
- Manufacturers' guide for space and water heaters
- Tool for calculating the energy efficiency of packages of space, water and combination heaters
- EU ecodesign regulations for space and combination heaters 813/2013
- EU ecodesign regulations for water heaters 814/2013
- Harmonised standards for space heaters 2014/C 207/02
- Harmonised standards for water heaters 2014/C 207/03