Supporting investment momentum in the EU
Current levels of investment in sustainable energy are not enough to meet the EU's climate and energy goals for 2030. The use of private finance will be increasingly required to deliver the required investments in energy efficiency and small-scale renewables, in particular in buildings and businesses.
The aim of Sustainable Energy Investment Forums (SEI Forums) is to work with national stakeholders in order to boost large-scale investment and financing for sustainable energy. SEI Forums builds on the works of the European Energy Efficiency Financial Institutions Group (EEFIG).
SEI Forums is organising a series of events across the EU in order to showcase best practices in developing investment projects and programmes in sustainable energy, and engage dialogue with the financial sector, public authorities, and all stakeholders involved in delivering investments in sustainable energy.
Past and upcoming events
- Financing energy efficiency in Italy, Croatia and Slovenia,16 November 2017, Milan, (Italy)
- Promoting and Financing Energy Efficiency in the Republic of Ireland and the United Kingdom, 28 September 2017, Dublin (The Republic of Ireland)
- Financing Energy Efficiency in Spain and Portugal, 15 June 2017, Madrid (Spain)
- Financing Energy Efficiency in Denmark, Sweden and Finland, 19 May 2017, Copenhagen (Denmark)
- Financing Energy Efficiency in Central Europe, 27 April 2017, Prague (Czech Republic)
- Financing energy efficiency: lessons from successful Horizon 2020 projects and other initiatives across Europe, 30 March 2017, Brussels (Belgium)
- Energy Efficient Finance Market Place, 18- 19 January 2017, Brussels (Belgium)
- Regional Conference on Financing Energy Efficiency in the Baltic States, 11 November 2016, Riga (Latvia)
- Webinar: the Deployment of Energy Efficient Mortgages in Europe, 26 September 2017, 11-12:30 CET
- Webinar: Financing Energy Efficiency: The Key Role of Standardisation & Benchmarking, 28 June 2017, 11-12:30 CET