New EIP-AGRI Focus Group experts
The topics covered by 5 new EIP-AGRI Focus Groups are:
- Wildlife and agricultural production
- Sustainable industrial crops in Europe: new market opportunities and business models which do not replace food production
- Reducing the plastic footprint of agriculture
- Sustainable beef production systems
- Climate-smart (sub)tropical food crops in the EU
Over 350 experts applied to this call which closed end of January 2020. The Focus Group experts will be selected in March.
For more information on EIP-AGRI Focus Groups and their tasks, please see the Focus Group brochure and EIP-AGRI Focus Group Charter.
Take a look at the results that have been produced by EIP-AGRI Focus Groups so far in this overview (update September 2020).
EIP-AGRI Focus Groups are temporary groups of selected experts focusing on a specific subject, sharing knowledge and experience
Each group explores practical innovative solutions to problems or opportunities in the field, and draws on experience derived from related useful projects. Each EIP-AGRI Focus Group meets twice and produces a recommendations and outcomes report.
The EIP-AGRI Focus Groups also discuss and document research results, best practices and identify the implications for further research activities that will help to solve practical problems in the sector. These may be related to production, processing, consumption, transport or other issues.
In short, the objectives of an EIP-AGRI Focus Group are:
- Taking stock of the state of play of practice in the field of the EIP-AGRI Focus Group activity, listing problems and opportunities;
- Taking stock of the state of play of research in this field, summarising possible solutions to the problems listed;
- Identifying needs from practice and possible directions for further research;
- Highlighting priorities for innovative actions by suggesting potential practical Operational Groups or other project formats to test solutions and opportunities, including ways to disseminate the practical knowledge gathered.
Do you have an idea for an EIP-AGRI Focus Group? Is the topic focused and the question well defined? Then why not suggest a new EIP-AGRI Focus Group topic.