New call for EIP-AGRI Focus Group experts now open!
The topics to be covered by the five new Focus Groups are:
- Bee health and sustainable beekeeping
- Diversification opportunities through plant-based medicinal and cosmetic products
- Soil salinisation
- Protecting agricultural soils from contamination
- Reducing antimicrobial use in poultry farming
If you have practical experience on any of these topics and would like to share this with 19 other experts to identify promising and inspiring ideas for innovation, please apply by 11 February 2019 23:59 hrs CET (Brussels time).
Joining an EIP-AGRI Focus Group allows you to share your knowledge and to learn from peers. It may also help broaden your professional European network, and form the start of a new cooperation.
Read the call text and apply
For more information on EIP-AGRI Focus Groups and their tasks, please see the Focus Group brochure and EIP-AGRI Focus Group Charter.
EIP-AGRI Focus Groups are temporary groups of selected experts focusing on a specific subject, sharing knowledge and experience
Each group explores practical innovative solutions to problems or opportunities in the field, and draws on experience derived from related useful projects. Each EIP-AGRI Focus Group meets twice and produces a recommendations and outcomes report.
The EIP-AGRI Focus Groups also discuss and document research results, best practices and identify the implications for further research activities that will help to solve practical problems in the sector. These may be related to production, processing, consumption, transport or other issues.
In short, the objectives of an EIP-AGRI Focus Group are:
- Taking stock of the state of the art of practice in the field of the EIP-AGRI Focus Group activity, listing problems and opportunities;
- Taking stock of the state of the art of research in this field, summarising possible solutions to the problems listed;
- Identifying needs from practice and possible directions for further research;
- Highlighting priorities for innovative actions by suggesting potential practical Operational Groups or other project formats to test solutions and opportunities, including ways to disseminate the practical knowledge gathered.
Do you have an idea for an EIP-AGRI Focus Group? Is the topic focused and the question well defined? Then why not suggest a new EIP-AGRI Focus Group topic.