The 'Support Facility for Innovation and Knowledge exchange including EIP-AGRI' acts as a mediator within the EIP-AGRI network, enhancing communication and cooperation between everyone with a keen interest in knowledge sharing and innovating agriculture, forestry and rural areas: farmers, researchers, advisers, businesses, environmental groups, consumer interest groups and other organisations. Its activities cover all 9 CAP specific objectives and the cross-cutting objective of modernising agriculture and rural areas by fostering and sharing knowledge, innovation and digitalisation.
The Support Facility 'Innovation & Knowledge exchange | EIP-AGRI' offers EIP-AGRI networking support to:
- build up well-functioning Agricultural Knowledge and Innovation Systems (AKIS) in the EU
- foster smart and resilient agricultural, forestry and rural sectors, and food security
- bolster environmental care and climate action
- strengthen the socio-economic fabric of rural areas
The Support Facility spreads the word
In April 2013, the European Commission established the EIP-AGRI Service Point to connect people and facilitate innovation and knowledge exchange in agriculture. From July 2021 onwards, the EIP-AGRI Service Point was followed up by the Support Facility 'Innovation & Knowledge exchange | EIP-AGRI', which provides the following services:
- A helpdesk, answering your questions in the EU national languages
- Networking activities to bring together interested parties from research and innovation and foster knowledge building and knowledge exchange
- Knowledge building: Focus Groups, addressing specific challenges in agriculture, forestry and rural areas
- Knowledge exchange - Networking events:
- Analytical work to identify possible synergies and complementarities, and opportunities for collaboration between projects; contributing to informing the research agenda at EU and national levels, closing the gap between research and on-the-ground practice. The latter will feed into the AKIS.
- Feeding the EIP-AGRI network with relevant publications and coordinating the online Find and Share sections on the EIP-AGRI website.
In addition, the Support Facility 'Innovation & Knowledge exchange | EIP-AGRI' informs, engages and inspires innovation actors through the EIP-AGRI newsletter, the yearly Agrinnovation magazine, social media and press, to help agricultural innovations spread across Europe faster.
Follow us through social media:
The Support Facility 'Innovation & Knowledge exchange | EIP-AGRI' team