Preparation of implementation:
- selected for EU subsidy to support product development
- found hospital to do agile development with patients and care givers
- found University Medical Centre to do validation research
- did validation study during 20 months with new group to proove concept and effectiveness
item local tv...
- Platform development cost based on 20.000 development hours will not be retrieved in the short term.
- Smartwatch used purchasing cost around 200 euro
- Savings within target COPD patient group around 10 days per year (€ 3.500-€ 7.000 per year)
- we charge 15%-25% of savings (results based)
Leiden University Medical Centre performed research between april 2018 and december 2019 (20 months) on group of 30 COPD Gold 3/4 patients under supervision by lung physicians at Bravis Hospital in The Netherlands. The prospecive study used the Electronic Health Records of the test group to compare...
Maturity level detalis:
The practice is proven to be effective. We are in discussion with the largest Dutch health insurers to define the optimal business model and inclusion criteria for the practice. We expect the practice to be widely available on the Dutch market before summer 2020.
Kind of impact:
Less hospital re-admission (economic)
Aspects time of impact:
Patients all reported beter quality of life and less isolation. The Emma platform allows ALL informal and professional carers in ANY care organisation to communicate with the patient and to view all sensory and health parameters. EmmaCOPD reuced hospital admissions and shortens hospital stay...
We are preparing the first new installations of EmmaCOPD in other Dutch regions. Through the EIT Go Global program in 2019 we have selected other EU countries to transfer the practice to by the end of 2020.