Study in Europe photo competition - Winners announced
We are pleased to announce the winners of the Study in Europe photo competition for students.
Thanks to everyone who participated for their fantastic entries. We received over 450 captivating photos from students from all over the world who are studying, or have studied, at higher education institutions across Europe.
The 10 best photos capture some of the reasons why it is one of the greatest experiences to study abroad in Europe
. Congratulations to the winners!
And if you are feeling inspired by their photos, explore available study and scholarship opportunities in over 30 countries
1. Alexandros Nicolaou, from Cyprus, studying in Greece
Under the sun
2. Alexandra Musat from Romania, studying in Portugal
This is a photo that illustrates the magnificent city of Porto in Portugal. The scenic view of the bridge (Ponte Luis) and the small boat passing on the Douro River, which carries the very well-known Port wine. The picture was taken from a lesser known side of the city, Villa Nova de Gaia.
3. Sakari Saajoranta from Finland, studying in Madrid
One day, there was a really beautiful sunset in Madrid, a city where I am currently studying. Me and my friend went to a famous Retiro park to have a walk, and luckily I had a camera with me to capture a picture which describes how in a city as big and busy as Madrid, one can just sit down, relax and enjoy the natural vibes without having to worry about the hassle from the outside world.
4. Mareen Mater from Germany, studying in Sweden
Sunny minds on foggy roads (Motala, Sweden)
5. Lilit Gharagozyan from Armenia, studying in Italy
“I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library” - Jorge Luis Borges
6. Erdem Ince from Turkey, studying in Hungary
The sky is the limit
7. Cristina Vallejo from Spain, studying in Italy
Discovering cities by bike
8. Evelien van Lange from the Netherlands, studying in Finland
Sunset Kayaking on 1 of the 1000 Finnish lakes
9. Xénia Struhárová from Slovakia, studying in Estonia
Louna Eesti or the yellow national geographic windows of Southern Estonia
10. Yixin Cao from China, studying in Italy
He's from Colombia, she's from Mexico, and they are currently furthering their master studies with an Erasmus Mundus programme in Italy. One day they travelled to Verona, and along with the music from a street accordion player, they began to dance, like any Latin American does when hearing music.
The ten best photos were selected by a jury consisting of representatives from the European Commission, the Erasmus+ programme and a number of national agencies, on the basis of the following criteria:
• The photo is fun, fresh and visually engaging and celebrates why it is great to study abroad in Europe
• The photo is impactful and transports the viewer to a specific place
• The photo highlights the benefits students experience while studying abroad in Europe