Now in its third consecutive year, the Commission will consider projects across communication, campaigns, direct actions and more – these may include:
- educational programmes or campaigns about the EU;
- information and communication campaigns about the EU;
- activities that enhance young people’s motivation to participate in the democratic processes that shape the future of the EU;
- activities that enhance young people’s attachment to the core values of the EU;
- action-based activities that enable young people to witness the benefits of the EU.
Up to 16 winners will each be awarded a prize of EUR 25 000.
The “Altiero Spinelli Prize for Outreach” rewards outstanding works that help young people enhance citizens’ understanding of the EU and help develop a sense of European identity. It was awarded for the first time in 2017.
The competition is open to EU citizens and non-governmental organisations (established and based in an EU Member State).
More information, including the rules of contest, can be found the Commission’s Call page.
Applications can be made via the Call’s EUSurvey page, and must be submitted online before 29 October 2019 at 17:00 CET.