Since the announcement of the EU-wide contest in July 2019, external independent experts have assessed the applications and identified 16 winners of the 2019 Altiero Spinelli Prize for Outreach.
The winners of the Altiero Spinelli prize 2019 are:
- Pulse of Europe e.V. for “VoteEurope / Whatever you vote, vote Europe!”
- Fundacja Krzyzowa/ The Krzyzowa Foundation for Mutual Understanding for “Work of International Meeting Centre in Krzyzowa”
- Munich European Forum e.V. for “Brussels European Forum”
- Associazione Culturale Twitteratura for “Ventotene, Comunitá, cittadinanza e identitá europea”
- Mia Europo for “Mia Europo”
- Associazione Culturale ‘Comitato Ventotene' for “L'Europa che ama - Loving Europe”
- Simon Nehrer for “Das kleine Einmaleins der Europawahlen“
- Jason Slabbynck for “Arc d’Europe”
- Bertelsmann Stiftung for “Back to Europe”
- Nikolaos Toumaras for “Physiognomy at School”
- Abdullahi Ahmed Abdullahi for “European Solidarity and Mediterranean Festival - Ventotene, Italy”
- Fabien Marchesini Dufau for “L’Europe au quotidien (Everyday Europe)"
- EuropaNow! for “EuropaNow! - For a European Patriotism”
- Genova che osa for “Hope Festival”
- Paradigm Institute for “V4 in the EU – Bi-Weekly Video Series on the V4 and the European Union”
- Lietuvos jaunimo organizacijų taryba for “MAN NE DZIN”
Each winning project will receive a prize of €25,000. The Commission will organise an online Award Ceremony in early 2021. More information to follow soon!
About the Altiero Spinelli Prize
The Altiero Spinelli Prize for Outreach celebrates outstanding works, activities and products which promote understanding of the European Union (EU) as an integration project and its values. It focuses in particular on initiatives which help young citizens to engage in the democratic processes that shape the future of the EU.
Hear what winning the Prize means to previous winners
Header image and video: © European Union, 2020.