The award ceremony of the 2019 Altiero Spinelli prize was celebrated on Wednesday 17 March 2021 as a virtual event on the European Youth Facebook page.
Prize winners shared their experiences and explained the different approaches they took for their outreach projects, all of which displayed a creative take on the relevance of the European Union (EU) to youth and citizens more broadly.
This was the last in a series of 3 competitions which rewarded the best out of 150 applicants for their contributions to sharing knowledge about Europe.
Each winning project will receive a prize of €25,000.
About the Altiero Spinelli Prize
The Altiero Spinelli Prize for Outreach celebrates outstanding works, activities and products which promote understanding of the EU as an integration project and its values.
It focuses in particular on initiatives which help young citizens to engage in the democratic processes that shape the future of the EU.
Since the announcement of the EU-wide contest in July 2019, external independent experts have assessed the applications and identified 16 winners of the 2019 Altiero Spinelli Prize for Outreach.
The winners of the Altiero Spinelli prize 2019 are:
- Pulse of Europe e.V. for 'VoteEurope / Whatever you vote, vote Europe!'
- Fundacja Krzyzowa/ The Krzyzowa Foundation for Mutual Understanding for 'Work of International Meeting Centre in Krzyzowa'
- Munich European Forum e.V. for 'Brussels European Forum'
- Associazione Culturale Twitteratura for 'Ventotene, Comunitá, cittadinanza e identitá europea'
- Mia Europo for 'Mia Europo'
- Associazione Culturale ‘Comitato Ventotene' for 'L'Europa che ama - Loving Europe'
- Simon Nehrer for 'Das kleine Einmaleins der Europawahlen'
- Jason Slabbynck for 'Arc d’Europe'
- Bertelsmann Stiftung for 'Back to Europe'
- Nikolaos Toumaras for 'Physiognomy at School'
- Abdullahi Ahmed Abdullahi for 'European Solidarity and Mediterranean Festival - Ventotene, Italy'
- Fabien Marchesini Dufau for 'L’Europe au quotidien (Everyday Europe)'
- EuropaNow! for 'EuropaNow! - For a European Patriotism'
- Genova che osa for 'Hope Festival'
- Paradigm Institute for 'V4 in the EU – Bi-Weekly Video Series on the V4 and the European Union'
- Lietuvos jaunimo organizacijų taryba for 'MAN NE DZIN'
Find out more about the 2019 winners
Presentation of the 2019 winners
Find out what winning the Prize means to previous winners
Header image and video: © European Union, 2020.