Knowledge Centre on Interpretation
This is the public version of the KCI. Remember to login in order to participate in Communities and Forums.
Sunday, 21 November, 2021
Nouméa, New Caledonia
The key responsibilities of the role include the following:
- Translation and language pre-processing of documents
- Produce translations and, eventually, self-revised translations from English to French in a wide range of technical and scientific areas, as well as dealing with general SPC materials which may be highly sensitive and complex.
- Pre-process and pre-translate, where needed, certain translation requests for work done in-house or outsourced.
- Work in close collaboration with colleagues to ensure consistency and quality.
- Translation project management
- Prepare and manage translation projects for freelances and, in some cases, for the in-house translation team, using both Multitrans and Studio.
- Ensure, from start to completion, follow-up on assigned translation projects, mainly from English to French, particularly in terms of meeting deadlines and communication with clients.
- Track and update the status of tasks and requests in ServiceNow.
- For self-revised freelance projects, ensure quality control before document delivery.
- Under the supervision of the Translation Coordinator/Reviser (French), support the work to anticipate and monitor SPC Divisions’ translation needs (technical meetings, reports, etc.).
- Support in managing freelances
- Keep in touch with freelances and update the freelance availability schedule as needed and be able to quickly draw up the availability table to guide the Translation Coordinator/Reviser (French) in freelance selection.
- Ensure that translation requests are sent to freelances, by working with the Senior Administrative Assistant – Process translations and serve as the reference point for freelancers.
- Under the supervision of the Translation Coordinator/Reviser (French), take part in selection of freelances, maintain a file on the quality of services provided by the freelances selected as part of the call for expressions of interest (EIO), and help prepare the freelance survey.
- Help broaden the SPC terminology database by submitting terms for new terminology records.
- Help manage terminology projects and tools.