The Brussels Economic Forum
The Brussels Economic Forum is the flagship annual economic event of the European Commission.
The Forum brings together European and international policymakers, opinion leaders, academics, civil society and business leaders to debate hot economic topics and share new perspectives on Europe's economic challenges.
#EUBEF18 focused on the future of the European Economy in an era of digital disruption:
- What is the future of work in a digital economy?
- What financial system for a deeper EMU in a digital era?
- The future of EMU: towards more resilience and convergence
What Was new with #EUBEF18?
Two ways of attending: in person and digitally
If you couldn’t make it in person, you could register to be a digital participant!
- Live-stream the debates via our website
- Join our Q&A’s via Sli.do #EUBEF18
- Have full access to our new event app, including: virtual networking, important event documents and much more
A greener BEF
We’re taking steps to make BEF greener by:
- Printing less paper – everything will be found in our new app
- Reducing catering plastic use
- Decreasing food waste by donating unconsumed food to non-profit associations
- Encouraging the use of public transport
A breakfast session
An extra session hosted by POLITICO to discuss the gender dimension of economics
A ´for and against´ debate between two influential speakers with contradictory views on a topical motion. You’ll be able to vote too!