Briefing for Experts
This page has been created for expert evaluators. As part of the 2018 SME Instrument evaluations, you are required to follow a remote briefing. This briefing is a paid activity (in accordance with Article 3 point 2 of your contract) and will account for a half day which you should include in the next payment claim (payment is only applicable for experts with fully signed contracts).
- Revised The Frequently asked Questions for the experts of the SME Instrument Programme
- Work Programme 2018 - 2020
- EIC evaluators´ Fact checking
- Presentations for experts (Part 1: What is SME Instrument | Part 2: The evalution process (Revised) | Part 3: Subcontracting)
For more details on the EIC SME Instrument Call, please read the Participant Portal pages on the SME Instrument. Under the 'Topic Conditions and Documents' section you will find standard evaluation forms for both Phases. Please see the proposal evaluator guide for information on accessing and using the electronic evaluation system. You are requested to follow the briefing before starting the evaluation process. In case of doubts please refer to the FAQ for experts or contact us at the e-mail address indicated in the presentation.
How to become an evaluator?
Do you have what it takes to spot the best of the best among thousands of innovations? Can you spot the brilliant ideas that have the capacity to disrupt the markets? We are looking for investors who are experts in innovation and can bring their know-how to the selection panel.
As of 2018, the selection procedure of the SME Instrument will be revamped. Preparations are still underway but the goal is to make the SME Instrument more relevant and easier to access for start-ups and breakthrough innovators. Changes include adapting the SME Instrument by introducing an interview stage to evaluate the most promising project proposals.
How does the evaluation work?
As an evaluator you would participate in the selection process that will have two steps:
- Step 1- Remote Evaluation: All proposals would be evaluated remotely by 4 independent experts.
- Step 2 - The proposals with top-scores will be invited for Interviews by a selection panel of experts in Brussels.
Interested? Apply now!
- Register your profile on the Horizon 2020 Participant Portal
- Follow our step-by-step guidance for registration
- Contact the SME Instrument evaluation team
- Information flyer
If you contact us by email, please select your profile first: