EASME organised the online Workshop “Innovative methods to remove hazardous substances and contaminants from secondary raw materials for the circular economy” on 29 January 2021. The workshop brought together seven projects funded under the topic H2020-SC5-1-2018 “Methods to remove hazardous substances and contaminants from secondary raw materials” with other relevant H2020 projects, EU policy and project officers.
- CIRCULAR FLOORING - New products from waste PVC flooring and safe end-of-life treatment of plasticisers.
Coordinated by Fraunhofer IVV, Germany
- CREAToR - Collection of raw materials, Removal of flAme reTardants and Reuse of secondary raw materials.
Coordinated by Fraunhofer ICT, Germany
- PLAST2bCLEANED - PLASTtics to be CLEANED by sorting and separation of plastics and subsequent recycling of polymers, bromine flame retardants and antimony trioxide.
Coordinated by TNO, The Netherlands
- NONTOX - Removing hazardous substances to increase recycling rates of WEEE, ELV and CDW plastics.
Coordinated by VTT, Finland
- REMADYL – Removal of Legacy Substances from polyvinylchloride (PVC) via a continuous and sustainable extrusion process.
Coordinated by Centexbel, Belgium
- REACT - REcycling of waste ACrylic Textiles.
Coordinated by Centrocot, Italy
- PureNano - A purification/regeneration process of spent plating baths base on functionalized magnetic nanoparticles.
Coordinated by Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Overview of relevant EU policy development by DG Environment
The objectives of the workshop were:
- Present the main achievements to date and raise awareness about the projects among EU policy DGs and Agencies as well as other H2020 projects;
- Identify and discuss relevant activities and their contribution to policy developments in the area of circular economy, chemicals, products, plastics and ‘end-of-waste’ criteria;
- Identify concrete collaboration opportunities among projects, strengthen synergies and optimise impacts.
The event was highly interactive and developed around two sessions:
Session 1 dedicated to projects’ policy relevance and contribution. Project pitches showcased progress and main achievements to date in R&I activities. Project representatives and EU policy and project officers also discussed on how projects could best contribute to policy objectives and needs;
Session 2 dedicated to enhancing synergies and collaborations among projects. Project representatives reported on joint activities and discussed next steps for future collaborations.
Contacts in EASME
Marco Ranieri (Communication)
To discover more about the projects participating in the workshop visit our online showcase!