Addressing a financing need of around EUR 100 billion per year, the innovative financing for energy efficiency sub-area aims to deliver more investment through stronger private capital participation in energy efficiency investment markets. Activities focus on:
- Developing innovative financing mechanisms, investment instruments and schemes for energy efficiency that allow the demonstration and uptake of business cases related to energy savings,
- Kick-starting a large scale market for energy efficiency finance
- Increasing investor confidence and capacity building
- Leveraging existing solutions and rollout of energy services to bring relevant stakeholder groups and market organisations closer together
- Accelerating the development of the market.
Apply for funding
All topics open can be found in the section Funding opportunities of the Energy Efficiency Call 2016.
Planning to apply for funding?
Watch our latest webinars:
- Public Procurement of Innovative solutions for energy efficiency (22/03/17) - Recording / Presentation
- Project Development Assistance (PDA) (22/03/17) - Recording / Presentation
- Innovative financing for energy efficiency and Making the energy efficiency market investible (22/03/17) - Recording / Presentation
More about Project Development Assistance here
Need inspiration? Take a look at our Success Stories
We are looking for experts
Are you an experienced professional in financing sustainable energy or innovative energy services?
- Energy Efficiency Financing including Banking; Finance and Insurance sector; Energy efficiency lending, Asset management, Risk assessment; Financial engineering, Securitisation, Green bonds, Green finance; Financial regulations; Financial instruments, and Investment funds.
- Financing of energy efficiency projects in the public sector e.g., managing investment programmes in energy efficiency, financing Sustainable Energy Action Plans (SEAPs), technical assistance, street lighting, water/ wastewater services, retrofitting of existing district heating and cooling, social housing.
- Financing and support of energy efficiency projects in the private sector i.e., tertiary sector, industry, residential sector (including support to home improvements through customer oriented approaches).
- Innovative energy services/energy efficiency services, in particular on business models for energy efficiency, energy performance contracting, ICT in energy, flexibility, smart homes, energy management, monitoring & verification.
Supporting investment momentum in the EU
EASME also manages the Sustainable Energy Investment Forums (SEI Forums) aiming at working with national stakeholders in order to boost large-scale investment and financing for sustainable energy. SEI Forums builds on the works of the European Energy Efficiency Financial Institutions Group (EEFIG).
SEI Forums is organising a series of events across the EU in order to showcase best practices in developing investment projects and programmes in sustainable energy, and engage dialogue with the financial sector, public authorities, and all stakeholders involved in delivering investments in sustainable energy.