Buildings represent 40% of final energy consumption, offering the highest potential for efficiency improvement and savings on energy bills. Funding in this area aims at:
- Reducing the cost of renovations targeting improved energy efficiency
- Achieving Nearly Zero-Energy Buildings (NZEB) performance
- Removing market barriers
- Stimulating the market for energy efficiency driven renovations
- Enabling further harmonisation in calculation of energy performance and certification of buildings
- Having a qualified building workforce including appropriate certification and accreditation schemes
- Encouraging citizen's engagement in energy efficiency
- Working towards the interoperability and interaction with energy grids of buildings and their energy management systems.
- Supporting the activities of the contractual Public-Private Partnership on Energy efficient Buildings
We are looking for experts
Are you an experienced professional in the energy performance of buildings?
The European Commission is looking for experienced professionals in this area to evaluate and recommend proposals for funding under Horizon 2020 Energy Efficiency Topics.
Do you have extensive experience in sustainable energy in buildings e.g., building energy performance and certification, deep renovation of buildings, energy-smart technical building systems, or improvement of skills and qualifications for energy-efficient building design, construction and management?
Do you have a very good command of written and spoken English and the willingness to work closely with the European Commission in driving the Energy transition to a low carbon, climate resilient future?
If you answered yes to these questions and, if you are interested and available for occasional, short-term assignments, we invite you to upload your CV on Horizon 2020 Participant Portal so that it is included in our database.
Independent experts are appointed by the European Commission to help us evaluate proposals, review projects and monitor programmes and policies. You may be contacted to carry out designated tasks at home or in Brussels only if you have the relevant experience matching our searching criteria.
Make sure to include all the details regarding your expertise on Sustainable Energy in buildings in your CV, and update it regularly since your application will remain on our database for future needs.
Remember to ensure that you select Horizon2020 amongst the list of EU Programmes covered by the database.
|Energy efficient Buildings PPP Project Review 2018|
|Evaluation of the BUILD UP Skills initiative under the Intelligent Energy Europe Programme - Report|