The general objective of this call for proposals is to enhance women entrepreneurship in Europe by:
- Facilitating networking and sharing good practices between actors such as intermediary stakeholders, in order to improve the support effectively delivered to women entrepreneurs and to motivate more women to start their own business or to support the development of their business across Europe.
- Entrusting stakeholders themselves with the management, update and promotion of the WEgate e-platform.
The specific objectives of this call for proposals are:
- To develop a "European women entrepreneurship community of practice" (the Community), which will complement and build on past, current and already planned initiatives in this area
- To engage more stakeholders actively supporting women entrepreneurs - rather than women entrepreneurs themselves - with an emphasis on face-to-face exchanges and networking, in complement to online connections.
Activities supported by this call for proposals include:
- Management and continuation of the WEgate e-platform, including blog and forum management, hosting, maintenance, update and upgrade as well as management the database of WEgate directory of registered users, developing an FAQ section, offering a feedback function and producing regular statistics data
- Organisation of meetings or events gathering public authorities, women entrepreneurs and other relevant stakeholders, including a mandatory launch event followed by yearly events
- Organisation of peer learning workshops allowing stakeholders and women entrepreneurs to get a practical understanding of successful initiative conducted in other countries
- Communications activities, consisting of a comprehensive strategy and outreach activities, including social media campaigns, organisation of matchmaking activities for mentoring and branding around WEgate
- Community building activities for women entrepreneurship at European level
Applicants be either legal entities or natural persons forming a consortium.
Such entities may include but are not limited to:
- Public and private entities responsible for or active in the fields of enterprise, business support and related issues
- Chambers of commerce and industry, chambers of (handi)crafts or similar bodies
- Business support organisations
- Business associations and business support networks
- Public and private entities providing business support services
- Public and private entities providing support services related to women entrepreneurship
- International organisations
- Universities or educational institutions
- Research centres
- Profit making entities
Only applications from legal entities established in EU Member States or in countries participating in the COSME programme pursuant to Article 6 of the COSME Regulation, are eligible.
For British applicants: Please be aware that eligibility criteria must be complied with for the entire duration of the grant. If the United Kingdom withdraws from the EU during the grant period without concluding an agreement with the EU ensuring in particular that British applicants continue to be eligible, you will cease to receive EU funding (while continuing, where possible, to participate) or be required to leave the project on the basis of Article 34.3.1(b) of the grant agreement.
The consortium must gather a minimum of three (3) and a maximum of four (4) members or partners - different legal entities - covering at least two (2) EU member states or COSME participating countries:
The consortium must be composed of at least:
- A not-for-profit entity active in the area of entrepreneurship and established as a legal entity since at least three years; this entity will act as the coordinator of the consortium; profit-oriented entities can therefore only apply as partners;
- A partner providing the academic knowledge necessary for the implementation of the activities described in this call for proposals; this partner can be a natural or legal person.
Linked third parties, i.e. legal entities having a legal or capital link with applicants, which is neither limited to the action nor established for the sole purpose of its implementation, may take part in the action as applicants in order to declare eligible costs.
The deadline for electronic submission is 5 September 2019, 17:00 Brussels time. The link to the submission system is available on the Funding and Tenders Portal.
Questions and answers
Potential applicants should address questions related to the content of this call to: EASME-COSME-WEGATE@ec.europa.eu.
Answers will only be published periodically and within a reasonable period of time on this page. Last questions to be answered are those, which will be submitted at least 7 days prior to the closing date of this call.