The main objective of this action is to intensify cluster and business network collaboration across borders and also across sectorial boundaries and to support the establishment of European Strategic Cluster Partnerships to lead international cluster cooperation in fields of strategic interest towards third countries beyond Europe.
This action promotes cluster internationalisation where interested consortia develop and implement a joint internationalisation strategy, common goals towards specific third markets and support SME internationalisation towards third countries beyond Europe.
This action will contribute to increasing the number and strength of European Strategic Cluster Partnerships Going International (ESCP-4i) and help European SMEs access new global value chains and take a leading position globally
Type of activities
The present call for proposals is targeting actions for two phases, divided in three Strands.
- Strand 1: will support the establishment of European Strategic Cluster Partnership – Going International (ESCP-4i) open to a wide range of European industrial sectors and value chains.
- Strand 2.a: will support the first implementation, testing and further development of European Strategic Cluster Partnerships - Going International (ESCP-4i) in a wide range of European industrial sectors and value chains, except those targeted in Strands 2.b below.
- Strand 2.b: will support the first implementation, testing and further development of European Strategic Cluster Partnerships for Going International (ESCP-4is) in the Space and Digital sector (use of earth observation data and related applications), specifically for downstream users of earth observation data in the context of Copernicus, the EU's Earth Observation and Monitoring programme.
Eligibility of applicants
Applicants must be legal entities forming a consortium. Each legal entity must:
- be established in EU Member States or countries participating in the COSME programme pursuant to Article 6 of the COSME Regulation.
- be registered or have submitted a registration on the European Cluster Collaboration Platform (ECCP) by the submission deadline of this Call.
The applicant must be a legal entity with a legal personality. This may include both profit-making or non-for-profit legal entities as well as fully or partly public or private bodies. In the case of private bodies, they must be properly constituted and registered under national law.
Important notice for British applicants: Please be aware that eligibility criteria must be complied with for the entire duration of the grant. If the United Kingdom withdraws from the EU during the grant period without concluding an agreement with the EU ensuring in particular that British applicants continue to be eligible, you will cease to receive EU funding (while continuing, where possible, to participate) or be required to leave the project on the basis of Article 34.3.1(b) of the grant agreement.
The consortium must be composed of:
- a minimum of three (3) different legal entities, and
- established in at least three (3) three different countries participating in the COSME programme (pursuant to Article 6 of the COSME Regulation), among which at least two (2) must be from two (2) different EU Members States.
Applicant consortia can apply for one Strand only, i.e. either Strand 1 or Strand 2a or Strand 2b.
Eligible organisations can be part of maximum one applicant consortium for each Strand.
Applicant consortia must verify that their individual members are not part of another application under the same Strand. If such a case is detected by the funding body, it will lead to the rejection of the organisation concerned from all proposals in the respective Strand. The respective consortia affected by the exclusion of (a) partner(s) must still fulfil the eligibility criteria as stipulated in sections 6.1 and 6.2 in order to be considered eligible.
Applicant consortia in Strand 2.a and Strand 2.b that have been funded under the previous 'Cluster Go International' calls COS-CLUSTER-2014-3-03 or COS-CLUSINT-2016-03-01 are not eligible to this call (neither Strand 1 nor Strand 2).
Applicant consortia in Strand 1 that have been funded under the previous 'Cluster Go International' calls COS-CLUSTER-2014-3-03 or COS-CLUSINT-2016-03-01 or COS-CLUSINT-2017-03-6 are not eligible to the Strand 1 of this call.
Submission of proposals
The deadline for electronic submission is 30 October 2019, 17:00 hours (Brussels time).
Please refer to the Call for Proposals and Guide for Applicants before commencing the electronic submission.
The link to the submission system is available on the Funding and Tenders Portal.
The Clusters Go International 2019 information webinar took place on 11 October 2019.
The recording of the webinar and the presentation are now available below.
To send questions, please contact the functional mailbox of this call: EASME-COSME-CLUSTER-GO-INTERNATIONAL@ec.europa.eu
The answers will be published in the FAQs document below.
If you are looking for partners to apply to this call or you are looking for a consortium active in the same domain as you, you may use the European Cluster Collaboration Platform.
Potential applicants should address questions related to the content of this call by e-mail to: EASME-COSME-CLUSTER-GO-INTERNATIONAL@ec.europa.eu
Only questions sent to this functional mailbox will be answered.
Answers will only be published periodically and within a reasonable period of time on this page. Last questions to be answered are those submitted at least 7 days prior to the closing date of this call.