- A dynamic SME or Start-up with ground-breaking ideas?
- Looking for the help of a talented researcher to make your idea an innovation?
This programme may be just right for you!
Under 'Horizon 2020', the European Union's Research and Innovation Programme, a new funding scheme will support 90 SMEs hire a researcher as the brain who will bring their brilliant idea to life.
What is it about?
The 'H2020 SME Innovation Associate' (INNOSUP-02-2016) will help SMEs and Start-ups to find the most highly-skilled and experienced researchers on the research job market. The programme will assist SME by:
- Making your job vacancy visible all around Europe and abroad;
- Offering an individual grant that covers the costs of the first year of employment of a non-national researcher in the period between September 2017 and August 2018.
- Providing training programme to maximise the potential of the recruitment and multiply its effects while assuring a smooth integration of the researcher in the structure and cultural business environment.
Who can participate and how?
The application is simple and paperless:
- Read carefully the call for application of H2020 European SME Innovation Associate;
Create your ECAS account (if you don't have one);
Register your SME or Start-up at the EU Participant Portal - (if it is not already done) the single gateway to EU research funding and complete the SME self-assessment. The process will take no more than 10 minutes;
Prepare a short application;
Submit the application online by 30/06/2016 at 17:00:00 (Brussels time).
Is it really so simple?
Yes, it is! The European Commission considers SMEs and entrepreneurs as key partners in creating growth, innovation, jobs and social integration in the EU. We know that they are very busy and this is why we try to make their participation in all EU projects as simple as possible.
How to participate?
Call Deadline: 30/06/2016 – Submit your application
Proposals shall be submitted through the Participant Portal by 30 June 2016 at 5 PM (Brussels Time) at the latest. The application is composed of the proposal template (sections 1-3 and sections 4-5) and 2 annexes. The templates can be downloaded on the Participant Portal by clicking on the 'Start submission' button and login using your ECAS password.
After the selection: 01/03-30/04/2017 – Publish the job offer
Once the European Commission has selected the (up-to) 90 SMEs and Start-ups with the most innovative ideas and best recruitment plans, job vacancies will be published on EURAXESS and other international or globally accessible web-based resources from 1st March 2017 to 30 April 2017. The recruitment will take place in May-June 2017 and the new positions will start in September 2017 for a period of 12 months.
Try out the attractiveness of your job vacancy
Before submitting your proposal you can publish the job advertisement on EURAXESS, the dedicated European Job Platform for Researchers. You can publish your vacancy free of charge in the form of a ‘call for manifestation of interest’ and make your offer conditional to the awarding of the grant (i.e. the recruitment will take place only if your company is awarded the INNOSUP-02-2016 grant).
In so doing, your offer will become available to the thousands of researchers registered to the EURAXESS portal, thus making them able to both express their interest and give you feedback on your vacancy. This pre-publication will allow you to:
- Test your idea;
- Fine-tune your offer and make it more appealing;
- Keep in contact with potential candidates.
You are also encouraged to use other relevant platforms and media.