The Overseas Trade Fairs (OTF) programme – the internationalization support scheme of the Horizon 2020 SME Instrument - organised the participation of 15 SME Instrument companies to TechInnovation 2017 on 19 and 20 September in order to impulse their ambitious plans to scale-up on the global market.
Highlights of the mission
- The SME Instrument mission brought to the 15 participating companies a total of more than 530 business meetings with local or international business counterparts as well as multiplier organisations;
- 7 of the EU-SME Instrument participants were selected to pitch their innovations to a varied audience of investors, distributors and potential business partners based in the region;
- The 'EU Welcome Reception', introduced by Mr. Bruno Julien-Malvy, Head of the Trade and Economic Section at the EU Delegation, offered SMEs a considerable networking opportunity;
- Singapore’s Minister of Trade and Industry, Mr. S. Iswaran toured the EU-SME Instrument Pavilion with the EU Ambassador-designate Ms Barbara Plinkert;
- Additional networking opportunities were organised during the fair such as the Exhibitors networking reception;
- And many more enriching experiences!
After spending two productive days at TechInnovation 2017, the EU-SME Instrument Innovation leaders flew back to their respective countries, with plenty of business contacts and leads to follow-up on.
As part of Horizon 2020's SME Instrument “business acceleration” services, funded companies can participate in one of the 15 international Trade Fairs organised in 11 countries outside the European Union through the Overseas Trade Fairs programme.