The European Commission is organising a side event at the Porto Water Innovation Week on 26 September in Porto, Portugal. Register to learn about the latest wastewater treatment solutions co-financed through the EU's LIFE programme as well as upcoming funding opportunities.
How can we ensure that our water sources are clean and secure? What are the most sustainable ways of treating wastewater? How can we reduce the multiple environmental and socioeconomic impacts of wastewater management? What are the most innovative technologies to valorise sewage by-products?
If you are curious to find out the answers, please join the "The LIFE programme: funding opportunities & innovative solutions on wastewater treatment" side event on 26 September at the 2017 conference of the European Innovation Partnership on Water.
The following LIFE projects will be present:
- LIFE Lo2x - Supercritical water co-oxidation of urban sewage sludge and wastes
- PHORwater - Integral management model for phosphorus recovery and reuse from urban wastewater
- BIOCLOC - Bioprocess controL through online titrimetry to reduce carbon footprint in wastewater treatment
- BRAINYMEM - Advanced-control MBR for wastewater reclamation
- ECOdigestion - Automatic control system to add organic waste in anaerobic digesters of wastewater treatment plants to maximize the biogas as renewable energy
- PharmDegrade - Degradation of pharmaceuticals in wastewaters from nursing homes and hospitals
- ZELDA - Brine treatment based on electrodialysis metathesis and valuable compound recovery
- BIOSUR - Rotating bioreactors for sustainable hydrogen sulphide removal in wastewater treatment plants
- ETAD - Ecological treatment of acid drainage
The event is organised by the European Commission's Directorate General for Environment and the Executive Agency for SMEs, in collaboration with the EIP Water.
Update: Presentations are now available for download on the LIFE programme website.