The European Commission will organise the 3rd edition of the European Industry Days on 5-6 February 2019 in Brussels. Around this event, European industry week initiatives will give a brand new local dimension to the debate.
This year, the Commission would like to engage with a wider audience through open doors events in industrial companies and factories all over Europe. This is an opportunity for your clients to take part in a wider European initiative.
What are the benefits of organising an open doors event?
By opening its doors, companies can:
- share how their business contributes to the local community and the economy
- help people discover the positive aspects of working in the industrial sector
- spread the word about the importance of industry for Europe
How does it work?
Businesses, factories and organisations from any industrial sector or the research and innovation community are invited to open their doors to visitors for a one-day event in January, February or March 2019.
These open doors events are aimed at a wide audience, especially young people. Visitors will learn about business and manufacturing processes, research and development and job opportunities.
Events will be labelled as European Industry Week events and will be widely promoted online.
Who should organise an open doors event?
Open doors events can be organised by people who:
- own or work at a small or medium-sized business in an industrial sector
- manage a production plant or factory
- are involved with research and development activities
The only requirement is to organise activities that introduce participants to modern manufacturing or research techniques.
What activities to offer at an open doors event?
Here are a few suggestions of activities that can be organised at an open doors event:
- Plant tours
- Business presentations
- Job and educational fairs
- Community events organised in partnership with other businesses
- Celebrations with roundtable discussions involving community and business leaders
How to apply
To organise an open doors event during the European Industry Week 2019, send an email expressing your interest.
More information about the EU Industry Days 2019 and the EU’s industrial policy is available on the website of the European Commission's Directorate-Genral for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs.