The meeting marked the official launch of 13 projects selected under Horizon 2020's "Waste: A resource to recycle, reuse and recover raw materials" call for proposals. The networking event gave the new beneficiaries the opportunity to meet up with coordinators of projects funded under the Seventh Framework Programme for Research (FP7), CIP Eco-Innovation, the LIFE programme and Horizon 2020's SME Instrument.
The 60 participants identified synergies to maximize the impact of their projects but also set out to further their community to create new knowledge and ensure a wider applicability of project results in the transition towards the circular economy.
For more information, please read the Report on the Kick-off & Networking meeting 'Boosting Synergies on EU Waste Research and Innovation Projects'.
13 new Horizon 2020 circular economy projects
- BAMB: Buildings as Material Banks: Integrating Materials Passports with Reversible Building Design to Optimise Circular Industrial Value Chains
- CABRISS: Implementation of a CirculAr economy Based on Recycled, reused and recovered Indium, Silicon and Silver materials for photovoltaic and other applications
- CloseWEEE: Integrated solutions for pre-processing electronic equipment, closing the loop of post-consumer high-grade plastics, and advanced recovery of critical raw materials antimony and graphite
- FISSAC: FOSTERING INDUSTRIAL SYMBIOSIS FOR A SUSTAINABLE RESOURCE INTENSIVE INDUSTRY ACROSS THE EXTENDED CONSTRUCTION VALUE CHAIN
- HISER: Holistic Innovative Solutions for an Efficient Recycling and Recovery of Valuable Raw Materials from Complex Construction and Demolition Waste
- Impact Paper-REC: Boosting the implementation of participatory strategies on separate paper collection for efficient recycling
- MPS-REFRAN: Multi-Stakeholder Platform for a Secure Supply of Refractory Metals in Europe
- New Innonet: The Near-zero European Waste Innovation Network
- PPI4WASTE: Promotion of Public Procurement of Innovation for Resource Efficiency and Waste Treatment
- PROSUM: Prospecting Secondary raw materials in the Urban mine and Mining waste
- RESLAG: Turning waste from steel industry into a valuable low cost feedstock for energy intensive industry
- RESYNTEX: A new circular economy concept: from textile waste towards chemical and textile industries feedstock
- SMARTGROUND: SMART data collection and inteGRation platform to enhance availability and accessibility of data and infOrmation in the EU territory on SecoNDary Raw Materials
Current funding opportunities
A new call for proposals on circular economy research & innovation is currently open. Deadline for submission of proposals is 8 March 2016, 17pm (Brussels time).
Report 'Boosting Synergies on EU Waste Research and Innovation Projects'
EIP Raw Materials
EIT Raw Materials